Ever walked out of a movie?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

All these ridiculous contrived vehicles for aging baby boomer stars are nauseating. They are supposed to appeal to the Boomer demographic but I don’t see it. You can be funny but still have a little dignity.

Hollywood is trying to prove every negative stereotype ever foisted in the children of the sixties. Like the 50 year old man that still acts like he’s a frat boy, it’s not a pretty sight.

2. Daring

Daring My quest to marry Stevie Nicks has failed

I turned off the zookeers wife because of the animal cruelty....my wife said it was good but I am not interested in watching it.

3. I saw it with my parents today and, well...if it’d been played more as a proper comedy it might’ve worked passably, but they went with a sentimental tone instead so it just dragged and dragged.

4. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I don't recall walking out of a movie but I do remember going with a friend to see Napoleon Dynamite and deciding within the first 10 minutes my time spent would be better off sleeping. I also slept through the X-Files but I think that was due to just being tired on a summer day. Maybe it was boring too. I never bothered watching it.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

Oh, god... Almost forgot about that one! Double dose of "yikes!"

Chris DeVoe and cwitt1980 like this.
  7. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I've sat thru some stinkers, I'm just too much of a tight wad to walk out on a movie I paid to see.
    I'll wait it out hoping it gets better...lol

8. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

psst just leave and sneak into another movie :righton::-popcorn:

pig bodine and Larry Mc like this.
  9. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

I didn't actually walk out of this movie. I just turned the channel because it was on cable. The movie was Big Trouble in Little China. Has anyone else noticed how bad of an actor Kurt Russell is? He never smiles and he just comes across as an annoying hothead with a potty mouth. What does Goldie Hawn see in that man? I mean really.

Fullbug likes this.
  10. Strat-Mangler

Uh, it's a movie. He's an actor. He's playing a character. How he is in real-life is different. Quite puzzling that you think an actor is the same as his character.

11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Directed by the late great Larry Cohen, although my favorite by him is The Stuff.

12. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Reservoir Dogs and Twister.

13. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Seeing that he has been doing Disney movies since the late 60's and TV from 1962, I'd say that it would appear that he has been doing something right for well over a half century.

14. nano nano

nano nano Forum Resident

Yes, multiple times. It's a sunk cost, why not? Siskel & Ebert always urged fans to do this for stinkers, "Aren't your lives worth more than $7.50?"

It's easier to walk out of a movie at home, and that's why I prefer viewing online these days.

Bluesman Mark and Fullbug like this.
  15. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Adam Sandlers "Jack and Jill" :thumbsdow

How about a thread ' What movies have you stopped watching on streaming services? ' Can you remember them all? hahaha

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  16. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Two.
    The Love Guru (Mike Myers) & The Wild Wild West (Will Smith).

TC

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I wouldn't walk into a movie that I would walk out of..I always researched the movie I would spend my money on...I knew what I was getting into...

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Getting the arrow on the heel, bummer.. not a good ending.

19. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

just walked out of Uncut Gems a few weeks ago. wife couldn't take it. i'll see eventually

20. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

[​IMG]
    I was 12. Me and my dad kept looking at each other like, "can you believe how bad this is". We were literally laughing at it. After an hour or so we got up and left. The only time I have ever done that.

21. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

A friend and I DROVE out of a movie once. Yes it was at a drive-in, that's how long ago it was.

I don't recall the title, but it was one of those semi-erotic "dramas" (can't think what else to call it, it certainly wasn't a comedy and not particularly romantic), somewhat in the vein of The Carpetbagger - but not as good. It was really tacky. I think we were expecting some different movie, we probably misread the movie schedules. We looked at one another and agreed that life was too short, we left after about 15 minutes.

Two movies I ALMOST walked out of but didn't, and was glad I stayed: Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Eraserhead.

22. Strat-Mangler

Considering how you described the genre, the title of that one's got me intrigued. :laugh:

23. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

I would certainly have walked out on this long before the end of its 135 minutes had I been sitting close to the exit and been able to do so without disturbing others. I later saw a quote from one of the directors - "if you're not rooting for Howard, the movie doesn't work".

I wasn't rooting for him ...

24. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Only movie I ever walked out of in the theater was the original Underworld film. I used to like to smoke a bit of weed and go to the theater alone. Went to see Underworld when it came out like that, and the first 18 minutes were nothing but random people popping out from behind pillars and shooting at each other with machine guns. The volume was nauseatingly loud and there was no plot to the movie that I could discern, so I walked out within the first half hour. Only seen bits and pieces of the rest since, and I don't think I missed much besides the lead actress Kate Beckinsale in tight leather.

25. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

indecent proposal. went with a friend/coworker who wanted to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.