Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald (11/16/2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by neo123, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Receiving texts during movies? Not cool...

2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Phone is in my pocket on vibrate. Cool...

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Finally had time to see it tonight... and it was haaaaaaarible. It's a loud, convoluted mess. Way too long, too. First film in the "Wizarding World" I came close to walking out of.

The last 20 minutes got pretty interesting, but I was dyin' before that. Sucked.

applebonkerz and SandAndGlass like this.
  4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I don't see what is really so bad about the 2nd movie over the 1st one.

I thought the first one got too bogged down with the woman who adopts children and her "mission".

I was glad to see that none of that was in the 2nd movie and that there were more real people in the second, instead of a some mysterious "dust cloud" running loose and destroying buildings.

Since the first movie established character's, they did not have to reestablish these character's for the second movie.

The second movie introduces new character's. I liked the new character's. I also suppose that this was necessary to set them up for their appearances in the future movies.

I think that moving the movie back to England (and Europe) brings it closer to the HP series with the inclusion of Hogwarts, making it my identifiable with the original franchise.

I will note that the movie industry as a whole seems to have its share of problems with "prequels".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.