Favorite season of Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

"Better Call Saul" returns this Sunday (Feb. 23) :righton::righton::righton:

2. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Don't forget about Lydia! Sure, she came across as someone with a nervous disorder who watched too many crime dramas, but deep down she was a pure sociopath.

VU Master and wrappedinsky like this.
  3. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Lydia, Uncle Jack and Todd are all secondary villains compared to Walt, IMO.

4. I was disappointed he wasn’t in the show more. Great character actor.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad question.

Is the same budget film stock ( digital) cameras involved in both shows ?

6. alexpop

After my last sixth binge watch I’d have to pick season 5 ( pt 1&2).

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. HaileyMcComet

HaileyMcComet Forum Resident

Ten years? I started watching it in March. The funny thing is, other than some old cell phones, it could pass for a contemporary show.

alexpop likes this.
  8. team2

team2 Forum Resident

While BB took place more or less in the present of 2008-10, I'm constantly amazed at how great the production design and prop department is for Better Call Saul, always remembering to use older phones, TVs and PCs that are correct for the 2002-05 time period of that show.

9. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I love the early seasons of 1-3, everything building, edge of your seat stuff in many of those episodes.
    Then 4 just explodes of course so I had to pick that. I think they ended perfectly in amount of seasons and the content but in retrospect that biker gang may have not been the best, I'd have to revisit it to see. The show was so impactful, fresh in my mind that besides an episode here or there haven't felt need to rewatch yet.

Chrome_Head, team2 and alexpop like this.
  10. alexpop

I’ve watched it six times over a period of 7 years( didn’t watch it real time).

Brenald79 likes this.
  11. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I loved when they'd tease you with something like that. I had never, have never seen a show like that.. I just don't think they had any missteps or poor episodes. Cranston and Paul played off each other so beautifully. Everyone was cast perfectly. Never felt they wasted time on anything or any character, I don't think I can say that about any other series. To me, while recognizing their merits, neither The Wire or Sopranos compares.

12. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Whoa, that's a lot, and it didn't lose anything for you, knowing all the things that would happen?
    I was a Mad Men fan and it was actually Jon Hamm who I heard recommend it. It was on AMC in middle of 4, I think so I binged watched on Nflix to catch up for when the final season aired.

alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

I started watching tv shows around 2011. HBO etc . so a few I watched real time ..Mad Men, GOT.
    But .. loads of older tv series I binged watch, like The Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire..Breaking Bad. You get really into the story, characters by binge watching. I’m find watching real time frustrating. Have to wait a year for media.

14. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I see your point, I saw Sopranos and Wire after they aired.
    My biggest problem with tv are the commercials every five minutes on a channel like AMC. It really breaks up the show too much, and affects slower episodes particularly I think.

alexpop likes this.
  15. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Agreed, which is why I always DVR it and start watching it about 30-40 minutes after it starts. By the time it has gotten to the last segment, I am caught up in real time.

16. alexpop

Hate commercials.
    I get dvd ( sometime Blu Ray) Complete box sets. Like The Wire, Sopranos etc used. But I buy a lot of new stuff as well. Bit of a luddite so no downloads.. Netflix. Although shopping with present climate thats a no go.

17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I really hope there’s a good episode by episode BB podcast with good hosts. The Wire and The Sopranos now have them and it’s a very enjoyable way to rewatch.

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

BB fans were lucky with Better Call Saul, it featured a lot of the similar BB characters.

Brenald79 likes this.
  19. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I'm actually waiting to re-watch BB until BCS finishes its run next year. Then, I'll be able to go through the entire 120+ hour saga chronologically!

alexpop likes this.
  20. clayton

clayton Senior Member

I voted the final season, IMO the best ending of a series ever, sure beat the way the Sopranos ended.

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

Sopranos?
    That was a unwanted cappuccino.

22. alexpop

After my BB binge watch,I started onTwin Peaks ( 2017). Great to see Robert Foster in it.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. alexpop

Funny I just watched all BCS ( what there is of it), which prompted me to watch BB complete, ( again ) and Saul .. who dominates BCS, his character is diminished, but still effective.

team2 likes this.
  24. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

I watched every BB episode as it aired on TV starting with season 2. This was long before Netflix had every show to binge. I liked waiting to watch it week to week, digesting and contemplating what came the week before. It was a great experience to watch it as it aired.

GMfan87' and alexpop like this.
  25. alexpop

Reminds me of watching The Fugitive in 1967.

Chrome_Head likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.