SH Spotlight Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" 45 & 33 1/3 RPM Hoffman/Gray vinyl mastering & equalization notes..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Grant

Grant Senior Member

If I remember it right, the only way to tell is if the sticker on the wrap stated it was pressed at Pallas.

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Well-Known Member

Thx..I removed the wrap a couple of years ago. I think I have the legit SH & KG mastering version.

3. This 45RPM resissue is of the finest in my modest 1200+ vinyl collection. The original fine china dishes and fine crystal in my mothers cabinet I inherited gets jealous at the attention it receives from guests.

wwright likes this.
  4. Stefan

Stefan Forum Resident

You can also check the printing credits on the back of the album jacket. If it's US then it's the Hoffman/Gray.

5. blue

blue Mastering rules

Just heard the 45 RPM US Rumors today again and it sounds so damn good and rich and crisp, probably one of the best sound of music from this era, which mostly sounds too lean otherwise.

wwright likes this.
  6. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Just picked up Ken Perry's RIAA Gold Record for this album....Nice shape for a 40 Year old piece!!

[​IMG]

7. russellsd

russellsd Well-Known Member

I am very fortunate to have just found a copy of 45 rpm at Deep Discount for a good price. (looks like it was the last one they had) Spun this last night and my jaw dropped several times. Easily one of the best sounding albums in my collection.

My question is how do I distinguish the 33 1/3 version. I was thinking of picking that up for my bro for Christmas.

Russ

Yovra likes this.
  8. onlysleeping

onlysleeping Forum Resident

I got the 45 rpm for Christmas. Into the first track, my mom commented how clean and good it sounds. She and my sister didn't believe 45 rpm full sized records existed, they only knew of singles!

9. Muriel Heslop

Muriel Heslop Night is young and the music's high

I am on my 4th listening.

Outstanding!

10. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I think I’ve listened to mine around 4 times too. Arrived on Tuesday. Really, a beautiful thing.

Muriel Heslop likes this.
  11. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Mastering Engineer Your Host Thread Starter

I played the 33 1/3 RPM cut we made today, had been a while.

Such a wonderful album. So nice, they mixed it twice!

12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I play mine regularly. Terrific work! :righton:

Great songs, great performances, and great sound. Doesn't get any better, IMHO. :)

13. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

I recall picking this up at Amoeba a few years back, without the benefit of the back story - just grabbed it out of curiosity.

And yes, it’s all been said here - what a great surprise when the needle hit the vinyl. It was a terrific job by all involved.

14. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

I agree!!