Fleetwood Mac Tour 2018/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PRW94, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Totally agree. Sisters of the Moon would be a great one for this tour, but isn't considered a 'hit.' I love Tusk, but tough to come up with the one or two tracks that should be in this tour cycle (non LB songs).

Matthew Tate and Billy_Sunday like this.
  2. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

But I thought that in interviews about the tour, Nicks kept saying that without Lindsey they were planning to play a lot of deep cuts, not just the hits...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

They played it for years, as a closer or encore, I think, and it was great. Just a blistering, killer performance by the band, complete with Stevie’s speaking in tongues from 6:35 or so in this video.

GoodKitty and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

"Angel" and "I Know I'm Not Wrong." Flat-out bizarre that these were not singles.

gregorya and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

My problem with the setlist isn't so much what they do or do not play, or what albums they pick from, it's the static nature of it. As has been mentioned upthread more than once, why not have 8-10 songs (or more!) that rotate into 4 or 5 slots in the set from night to night. We already know they worked up 5 or 6 songs that have been played at least a few times (Hypnotized, anyone?) and subsequently dropped.

More fans would probably go to more shows if they knew there were a handful of deep cuts being mixed into the shows on any given night. The 3 nights in LA for example, are they just going to play the same setlist all 3 nights? If so, that's kinda lame. And probably gets a bit boring for the band as well.

But the tour seems to have been a $uccess. I guess most shows were sold out, or close to it.

Sadly, I have never seen them live in any era. I did see Stevie join TP & the Heartbreakers a couple of times though.

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Name a city with a sell out show. They are holding back boxscore information. Several shows had free upgrades including opening night. Multiple LA shows don't mean any will be 100% full. Tonight has dozens of $50 tickets available

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Isn't there gate information on the Wikipedia page for the tour?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

Yeah, I've certainly been wondering but I have little sense of how succe$$ful this tour really is for them. Any genuine sellouts ? I just don't know .... All one-night stands except for L.A. ... With two cancelled shows I think the tally so far will be 29 shows in 73 days ...
    Touring is expensive ! How big is their crew ?

How many times did someone (Stevie) jet home to sleep in their own bed ?
    Is Lindsey sitting at home with a Fleetwood Mac show going on a few miles down the road ? :shrug:

Wish I was goin' though.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

No boxscores yet.

It's doing well enough if they added an April Winnipeg show onsale Dec 17th

10. gregorya

Perhaps he's out for a drink with his accountant to celebrate the settlement... ;)

GoodKitty and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

I mean a 3rd of the price. not one-third less.

12. Irish-Matti

Irish-Matti Music Lover Since Birth

Somebody must be going to these shows; they've added second shows in both Boston and NYC.

Nicks should do "Sara."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

Sellouts have very little impact on a tour’s success these days. Especially an act that relies so heavily on premium ticket sales!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

It wasn’t great in recent years though. Very low energy.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

"Black Magic Woman" and "Oh Well" are the only ones 'Ive seen in the setlitsts, what's the third?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Irish-Matti

Irish-Matti Music Lover Since Birth

No coke these days.

17. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

2 Green and 1 Kirwan .... (and the 1 Welch lasted only six shows) .......
    1 Finn .... 1 Petty/Lynne/Campbell ...

fun trivia : Christine is the oldest of all FM alumni ... born 7-12-43 , she's two weeks older than Mick Jagger !

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. gregorya

Isn't that to make good on one of the shows they cancelled a while back?

19. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I wonder if Lindsey won the performance rights to the entire Tusk album as part of the settlement, which may explain the absence of any song on the Mac setlist.

Joking, of course, but wouldn't it be a hoot if Tusk becomes Lindsey's version of The Wall? :D

:wave:

20. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

Yes. Makeup dates in Winnipeg and Edmonton April 11 & 13 are now the last dates for North America .

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

It seems that touring is a very different proposition these days, especially for older acts. The Stones appear to be requiring three days between shows, even when they are playing the same venue.

22. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

You just answered your own question, friend.

23. walrus

Sorry, I lumped "Tell Me All The Things You Do" in there by accident. But it's close enough to that era. I'm willing to bet about 95% of the audience made the same incorrect assumption.

24. walrus

"Sara" was a better choice for a single for a Stevie song, and I've always chalked up "I Know I'm Not Wrong" not being a single to politics. (Although the label did push "Not That Funny" as a European single...maybe they thought it'd fit in with the sound of the times in the UK better than a more 'traditionally' commercial song)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

And I bet 95% probably have no idea what's going on when they play that, while I imagine the other two get a bit more recognition.

DTK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.