Fluance RT85 Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dinglehead, Jan 3, 2019.

1. brownsugah

brownsugah Forum Resident

I thought I was the only one experiencing that. I always try to clean the needle with a Magic Eraser and use a microfiber cloth and brush to get rid of static or dust. It has helped. The sound quality is still amazing regardless.

PhilBiker likes this.
  2. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

My AT440MLa does this on some records on my Realistic turntable. It did it on more and more records as it aged. Now I almost never use it. Check your setup.

3. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

4. nyrjoe

nyrjoe New Member

Hi, ordered an RT85 today. While I plan to audition the 2mBlue, I intend on using a Nagaoka MP-150. Does anyone know how to set the overhang for the rt85? Coming from a Technics, I would use the Technics overhang gauge, but don't see anything similar from Fluance. The cartridge did not come with one. Anyone know if the S-shaped tone arm on the Fluance is same length as 70's Technics tables? I like to use different carts, want to make sure I get the overhang right for this table. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

If it’s the same as the previous models, it’s not the same as the Technics gauge. What I would do is, when you get the pre-setup 2M Blue, measure the overhang with digital calipers or some other reliable ruler, and use that as your overhang. That’s what I did to set up a new cartridge for an RT80. This assumes Fluance is having them set up correctly, of course, and you may just need to resort to aligning with a protractor if it doesn’t sound right.

PhilBiker likes this.