For Mac users: Roxio combines Toast & Jam

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by JPartyka, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High Thread Starter

I was just sent this press release via the editor of EMedia magazine (for whom I'll be writing a review of the new product). It might turn out to be pretty exciting for us Mac people (I'm already a big fan of Jam) ...

ROXIO ADDS JAM TO YOUR TOAST

The #1 Selling CD Burning Software for Macintosh
    Adds Professional Studio Tools for Music Artists and Enthusiasts

MACWORLD, San Francisco, Calif. - January 7, 2002 - Roxio, Inc. (Nasdaq:ROXI), the Digital Media Company, today announced Toast with Jam, a powerful CD and DVD recording software for the Macintosh that also includes professional audio CD mastering for music aficionados. The new Toast with Jam, shipping in the U.S. in March 2002 with worldwide versions to follow, is built for Mac® OS X and is designed to support Mac® OS 9 users.

Toast with Jam features the power of Toast 5 Titanium, enabling users to burn photo, video, music and data to CD and DVD, and includes the pro audio features of new Jam 5 that will allow users to edit, arrange, and burn a gold master CD of their recorded music. Toast with Jam offers audiophiles a great value for their money by offering three products in one. For a suggested retail price of $199, customers who purchase Toast with Jam receive Toast 5 Titanium, the new Jam 5 and an updated version of Peak LE VST sound editing software from BIAS®.

When available, all registered users of Toast software will be eligible to upgrade to Toast with Jam at a significantly discounted price. Toast with Jam includes a full version of Peak LE™ VST sound editing software from BIAS®, which includes multiple VST ™ plug-ins to customize arrangements with special audio effects, as well as a wealth of new and improved features. In Jam 5, music lovers will find an updated, more flexible cross-fade tool using a graphical waveform interface, a dithering feature that corrects for distortion, which can occur during audio file conversion, and new support for audio files with resolutions up to 24 bits. A robust online help system is new to the product as well.

"Roxio's new Toast with Jam software provides Macintosh customers an affordable solution for creating professional CDs in addition to enjoying the benefits of Toast for data, photo and video CD burning," said Samir Patel, vice president of product management. "Music enthusiasts can now create, master and burn professional audio CDs of their recorded music."

The new Toast with Jam will be previewed at Roxio's booth #935 at Macworld San Francisco, January 8-11. Customers who place an order for the new Toast with Jam at the show will receive discount pricing.

2. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

Cool. Really cool. :)

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Toast

Peak LE is a good two-track editor too. $75 all by itself.

4. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Re: Toast

Yep! And... they just started shipping a native OSX version last week! Whoo-hoo!

[​IMG]

5. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Re: Re: Toast

When and where can I get a Dock replacement? :(

And will the new Roxio product be called "To-Jam"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.