For those that have been waiting - WYWH SACD preorder time...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by McGuy, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time... Thread Starter

I sent AS an email about media mail, we'll see...

2. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time... Thread Starter

Good morning David,

We're happy to accommodate shipping via USPS Media Mail any time -- on the checkout page, there's a box where you can enter special shipping instructions. In that box, type "Please ship via Media Mail" and we'll make the change when your order is processed. If paying by credit card, you will be pre-authorized for the order total plus Fed Ex shipping, but then you'll only be charged for the Media Mail rate when your order ships (It's typically $10-$13 cheaper). If paying by PayPal, you'll be charged the Fed Ex amount but we can still change it and refund the difference back to you.

You'll be happy to know we are beta testing a new cart on our website right now, and in the near future you'll be able to select this option yourself without having to type anything in the special shipping instructions.

3. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

FYI - I ordered mine through Target.com. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. It was on sale a bit, plus paid for it with my Target card, so another 5% off AND free shipping. I think I paid $28 for it out the door.

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Maybe I missed it but I don’t see anything there that clearly states the stereo isn’t PCM to DSD. It almost seems like he subtly avoids directly addressing it (perhaps because it’s simply the Bluray master converted to DSD?).

SoundDoctor likes this.
  5. The focus for that article was the new surround mix, which had the multi-tracks transferred in hi-rez PCM and then mastered on the Sonoma DSD Multitrack Recorder-Editor by Guthrie. The stereo I believe was simply the original stereo master transferred straight to DSD from analogue.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Again, I don’t see anything in the linked article which 1) refutes the logical notion the stereo tapes were transferred to 24/192 (like the entire catalog) and then converted to DSD or 2) confirms the stereo tapes were tranferred directly from analog tape to DSD.

Additionally the credits on the SACD are exactly the same as other non-DSD digital editions.

Beyond wishful thinking, there is no evidence the stereo tapes were transferred direct to DSD and all evidence points otherwise.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Only $30.77 currently on Amazon with their 10% off checkout coupon.

8. Found it.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon 2011 blu-ray 96kHz and 2003 SACD spectral analysis

Spectral analysis confirmed the WYWH Blu-ray audio was a distinct mastering from the WYWH SACD in stereo. Guthrie was a big believer in DSD by all reports. You have to dig through a lot of the older locked threads to find this information out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.