Forever (Amazon TV Series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear. Thread Starter

I'll admit I would watch just about anything with Fred Armisen in it. It was the sole reason I decided to try Forever, which stars Armisen and Maya Rudolph. Season One (not clear if there will be a Season Two) is only eight episodes. It would be hard to describe the show without giving something important away. I'd say it's part Groundhog Day, part Last Man on Earth and part . . . I don't know . . . Twilight Zone? Give it a try. I was so hooked I watched an episode every night for eight days straight. I don't think I've ever done that before.

[​IMG]

Derek Slazenger, Deesky and Old Mac like this.
  2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I strongly recommend that nobody offer their opinion on this show who has not watched at least three episodes. It is very much designed for binge watchers.

ajsmith likes this.
  3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I did give it a try - thanks! I liked it because it was both interesting and unpredictable and very offbeat. If I had to liken it to anything, it would be a cross between Black Mirror and The Good Place.

I reckon they left enough unresolved mystery at the end of the season to set up another go-around...

4. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

We watched five in a row last night, might finish tonight. It's really outstanding and takes unexpected turns pretty regularly. A very humane show, too. What an incredible time that shows like this and Maniac can even exist.

5. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Loved this show and I agree you need to stick with it for at least three episodes.

6. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Very interesting show. Really mixes things up. Poignant, ironic, bitter, dark, cute, etc...all at the same time. Some great lines in it also, especially one by Oscar in the last episode. Loved it!

7. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Watched this a couple of weeks ago after seeing this thread. Enjoyed it! Good late-night TV :) Not massively challenging but interesting, funny and strange. 7/10

8. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

My wife and I watched this in two nights. The sixth episode where we see another couple was one of the better individual episodes of TV I’ve seen.

Solaris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.