Frank Zappa - The Hot Rat Sessions 6 CD set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vudicus, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i've never had any issues with an order from importcd's before. never gotten my cd's in such a manner that's being listed here. Must be more like your local Post Office or something. Not the seller.

agn, Tristero and Rne like this.
  2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Exactly.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  3. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

Absolutely.
    Back in the olden days of several years ago when Netflix was mailing DVDs to us, my wife was trying to watch a TV series on DVD, and for a few months the broken DVD rate was running about 75%. Some of them actually arrived snapped into multiple pieces.

4. MechanicalAnimal6

Exactly !
    I've gotten the same when getting cd's mailed to me.

Does anyone really think the place shipping them out did that? If you do, then you are foolish.

It's the shipping carriers, not the company shipping out what you ordered....simple as that.

5. Chest Pains Productions

Chest Pains Productions Forum Resident

I blame the shipping carriers for sure BUT a lot of the packaging these online vendors use is TERRIBLE. So, if the packaging was better the contents may not get damaged by the carriers.

Tim 2 likes this.
  6. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

Right, but the flimsy packaging makes it more likely to get squashed in transit. Another issue with ImportCDs is if you do have to return something as defective they wait until they receive the defective one before sending a replacement -- and sometimes it can take weeks for the return to show up in their system. I used to order from them a lot, but I'm lazy now and opt for convenience and good customer service.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  7. MechanicalAnimal6

Well i find it odd that a few here have issues with them, yet i've ordered from them tons of times over the last 15 years and can't think of anything too bad ever with them.
    I think their cardboard packaging they use is quite nice and must be a good reason as to why i hardly have issues.

It's not like they can ship everything with huge plastic bubbles and protect each and every order from every single instance of what could happen during the shipping process.
    otherwise, shipping costs would be even more insane than they already are at most places.

What really needs to happen is for us all to have local shops/stores to carry this stuff so we can buy it direct and have it instantly.

Amazon.com is literally the only place i've really had issues with when ordering stuff and it shows up damaged.

Which makes me worried for this big box set coming out in just 10 days!

8. Chest Pains Productions

Amazon has 2 new pics of the whole set up now.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  9. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

That board game looks like a 3rd grader made it for a school project.

englishbob likes this.
  10. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

It probably will smell better than the FrankenZap gloves in Halloween'73 box.

Echoes71 likes this.
  11. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

It's all horse chips.

12. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

Smell the Glove!

If you play the Hot Rats game while wearing the Halloween mask and gloves, does that make you, like, the best Zappa fan ever?

Rne and Cherrycherry like this.
  13. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

14. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Is that his sister?

15. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Its Miss Christine

MungoMusic likes this.
  16. Chest Pains Productions

The size of the box is similar to the Be Bop Deluxe box sets. I love it!! The only complaint I have is that the book should have part of the box set not a separate piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Howard Bleach

Howard Bleach Imperial Aerosol Kid

Looks like I'll be buying yet another pack of slimline jewel cases in which to to store these discs.

:thumbsdow

18. Centralscrutinizer

Centralscrutinizer Forum Resident

At least the CD's are in a box. I can put it next to my recent Gong box set in the oversized section of my collection :laugh:

19. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Cool layout. Sweet all around package of Frank's magnum opus.

GregK, JayB and Beatnik_Daddyo'73 like this.
  20. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...who is featured on the cover of Hot Rats. See the “conceptual continuity”? :D

21. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

So is the book pictured above not included in the box set? I know that there is a separate Hot Rats book, but I assume that the Amazon picture shows what is included in the box. I sure hope there's some sort of book in there!

22. Chest Pains Productions

The BOOKLET shown in the pic is what comes with the box. There's another separate book. Christ!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  23. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I'm sure that the booklet seen in those pictures is included in the box set.
    It's the same kind of packaging Universal used for the Bobbie Gentry box set, of the one by Ronnie Lane, among others.

Echoes71 likes this.
  24. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Electric Sydney and Echoes71 like this.
  25. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

The best Ahmet Zappa fan, at least.