Fringe (FOX TV sci-fi/drama)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:righton::wave::righton:

2. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

This is a good show.

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm still a few episodes behind, but instead of getting getting impatient with the mythology, I'm also enjoying the episodic plots. That's the key, giving us enough weekly to enjoy what we came for, not hungering for whatever we know is coming at the tail-end.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There will also be an upcoming plot element concerning Joshua Jackson's shady past. There's more going on with him that you might think.

5. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

I just went through most of the season episodes, as I had to clean off my DVR. Good show, but very similar in a lot of ways to Alias, with a good dose of the X-Files. Although, I thought Alias was much better. I can see a continuos stream of episodic pseudo-science chasing blended with an ongoing arc of getting the bad guys to help in finding other bad guys (Massive Dynamic, tech cult, etc.), all the while maintaining a tenuous relation with each. Never a real resolution to the big story though

I agree that the Joshua's character has been weak so far.

6. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Did anyone see it last night?
    I completely forgot about it returning.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

if you set your recorder from 9:00 to 10:00 you missed the ending.

american kareoke ran over almost 10 minutes.

8. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Saw it last night, was so good to see it return. I just wish they could get away from making it up as the go along.

9. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Tell me I'm crazy but the actress playing Olivia's sister - she didn't look familiar to me. Did they switch actresses?

10. GreenDrazi

I had to catch the last couple of minutes on Hulu just now.

So, is the young bald one related to the older bald one???

11. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

What is up with the bald people? That last scene in the episode with the kid was creepy, when that doctor was supposedly taking him to live with a family and that bald guy walked by. :eek:

12. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Keep your eyes open and pay attention because I think the bald guy has been in every episode since the episode that featured him (maybe even before), even if just for a half second just walking thru a scene. I could have sworn I saw an elevator door open a couple episodes back with 20 people getting out of it and the bald guy (the observer) being one of them. And thats all you saw of him in that episode.

Kind of like a "Where's Waldo" cartoon built into every episode of Fringe.

13. GreenDrazi

Yes, he has been in nearly every episode. Usually, just passing by in a scene.

14. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

Two weeks in a row that happened. I missed the end of both episodes. I set the DVR to tape 15 minutes longer.

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

GODDAMND American Idol has run long and caused me to miss the end of the last two Fringe episodes. I could not hate that show (AI) more.

16. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

He's also been spotted in other Fox shows -- even in the audience at football games or on American Idol.

17. agentalbert

For real? That's funny/creepy.

He's known as "The Observer", I believe. What other shows has Fox put him in?

18. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

This is off topic, but your comments about AI made me laugh. I often ask people who are fans of AI how we ever discovered Bob Dylan without AI. :winkgrin:

19. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I had no idea it went that far. I don't watch AI and there's only a few teams I follow in the NFL. Where's Waldo indeed.

20. agentalbert

They put The Observer on American Idol? That's not the most natural crossover.

21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Search "fringe observer" on YouTube and you'll find clips of him.

22. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

It looks like they did Tony.
    Burn Notice
    The Closer
    Amazing Grace
    Law and Order CI
    In Plain Sight
    Rescue Me
    Monk

23. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

I'm liking Fringe a lot, yes there's the X-Files reference, but it's still interesting enough to keep me watching. As long as it's over by 10 so's I can watch Jayyyyyyyyyyyy....:sigh:

the dearth (death) of adult minded TV ...

24. agentalbert

I enjoy Fringe, but don't find it outstanding. Its not one of the shows I can't wait to watch each week. At this point, I'm more interested in episodes that advance the main story line and the ones that are completely self-contained sorta annoy me. With the X-Files it was the other way around by the time the series ended, because they had made such a mess of the alien invasion/takeover plot. I hope the writers of Fringe think everything out well in advance.

25. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Anyone catch tonight's episode?

Again the show ends with another, what is up with that, scene? Now we've got Walter watching a video, apparently, of a very young Oliva getting tested by Walter and some others.

Did anyone see "the observer" this evening? I didn't watch the whole episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.