Game of Thrones Discussion: Uncut! (Spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tristero, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Yes! Duely edited.

2. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

Jaimie must be totally freaked that his sister did the exact thing he prevented by becoming the kingslayer... And Sansa needs to take care of little finger once an for all...

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's a lot of characters but I don't know how much it will do to reduce the show's overcrowding. Apart from the High Sparrow, most of these roles had been trimmed down to almost nothing this season anyway. Loras had I think two scenes. Even Margaery was probably only in half the episodes.

4. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Agreed. And yeah, I was sorta overstating the case. But statistically, I think it is still remarkable. These were all recurring characters, though most were quite minor.

5. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I've heard it suggested that in Bran's vision of the future, Jaime was shown killing someone with his LEFT hand. I had previously assumed that vision was of his killing of The Mad King in the past , but if the left hand report is accurate, it might be Cersei. I can't pretend to have noticed it myself, but I look forward to verifying.

Which ties into a prophesy from the books.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  6. Squealy

Sorry, I wasn't trying to quibble with anything you said... It just struck me looking at the list that the explosion served to wipe out a bunch of characters they weren't doing much with.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  7. Molly Tune

Molly Tune Active Member

And a couple of hundred other Royals. And a couple of thousand Kingslandingers living around the Sept of Baylor.

The Mad Queen indeed. Mad enough to take out Jaime before he becomes the Queenslayer too?

"Burn them all!"

psubliminal and macdaddysinfo like this.
  8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Nothing to apologize for, you were right. Also I imagine this helped a bit with the budget for the next couple seasons.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  9. Squealy

I don't see Jaime or Cersei ever killing the other, no matter what terrible circumstances they were in.

10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

In the books, the prophecy from Maggy The Frog includes the suggestion that Cersei will die at the hands of "The valonqar" (translated as the "little brother"). She interprets it to be Tyrion, but it technically also applies to Jaime. This particular element hasn't been mentioned in the show, but would be in the character of the show to include such a twist.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  11. Squealy

Yeah, you're probably right, I forgot about that... if Martin made a point of saying she's a minute older or whatever then that must be where he's going with it. And I suppose it would be the ultimate tragic ending for them.

12. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

A witch's prophecy in an early season suggested Cersei would lose all of her children, would get replaced as queen by someone younger, and die by the hands of her brother. Did you see Jamie's face when he saw the devastation in the city, and then when she was becoming queen after their son died due to her actions? It could be at the hands of Tyrion. But right now I'd put my money on Jamie.

EDIT: Dee Thomaz said the same thing just before me. My apologies.

13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Pairing up Jaime Lannister and Walder Frey in a scene was rather brilliant.

14. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

While we are on the subject, the little king died via self-defenestration; is there a term for being killed by a bell, because that thing looked like it took a few people out...? The etymologist in me is curious...

As for Jaimie, I think he is done with his sister, especially considering that saving the innocents was precisely the reason he killed the mad king; I could see him offing his sister as a way to get back with the winning team where his brother, whose life he has already saved, is the hand of the king. Hell, I could even see Jamie being the next to fall for dany (Jon snow doing so is just a little too obvious, not to mention incestuous, and snow strikes me as begging for martyrdom)...

15. Squealy

16. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Funny thing that.

Like a lot of fans, I thought the show was beyond the books last year, but it ended up incorporated a lot of book material (albeit, often in different contexts) that I had believed discarded.

But, yeah. It REALLY seems beyond the books now.

17. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I have great respect for the production values of the show (which are unprecedented). But it still can't depict deep winter well, and the accompanying deep snow.

psubliminal and GodShifter like this.
  18. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Speaking of the production values, nice SFX shot of a ship with Dothraki horses in the hull.

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Anything in there about King's Landing being void of people and buried in snow? I'm pretty sure I remember Daenerys having a vision a few seasons ago when she went looking for her dragons in the House of the Undying. My gut tells me that once the wall comes down Winterfell and King's Landing will go quickly along with Cersei's reign.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  20. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

You think they'll get that far south?

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

looking at the map it doesn't seem likely but there has to be something to that vision she had

22. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I don't think the Wall will fall, they will probably get around it. Freeze the sea and walk around it, maybe?

Since many of the nobility were killed in the Sept, who were all those people in the throne room while Cersei was getting crowned? Lesser nobility, I guess?

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

If they can freeze the sea, why didn't they do that at Hardhome? (Unless they wanted Jon and the remaining Wildlings to escape...)

24. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Bran's flashback shows Jamie killing the Mad King, with his right hand. Jamie then sits on the throne. In the books, Jamie is sitting there as Ned walks in but that isn't shown in the vision.

No visuals of King's Landing buried in snow. But there are several images of a Dragon's shadow flying over what looks like KL. Hard to say which city for sure though.

The only future image in Bran's vision is the wildfire explosion under the Sept from last night.

Good screens of the whole vision:
    Game of Thrones: A Painstaking Breakdown of Everything Bran Learned in His Vision »

25. Squealy

It was Daenerys who saw a shattered throne room covered in snow, when she was in the House of Black and White back in season 2.

marblesmike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.