Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think Bran will have to explain the facts of life to Danny who no doubt will want to serve Jaime up as dinner for her dragons.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

'The Prince that was Promised" (aka: Azor Ahai's reincarnation if you follow the Red God). Rhaegar Targaryen (oldest son of 'Mad' King Aerys) was a handsome, good natured fop more interested in reading books and playing his lute and singing songs than doing any actual work. One day reads "The Prince that was Promised" and automatically assumes it was about himself (Why not? You're heir to the largest & richest kingdom ever, why not be a prophesized super hero on top of that?) so Rhaegar decides he 'must become a great warrior' and fights in tournaments where he is undefeated. King Robert and Ned talk about it in season 1, the unwritten rule of "Let the King win" in tournaments. Rhaegar wasn't actually very good but nobody dared beat him so Rhaegar assumes he's awesome and thus the prophecy MUST be about him. Ditches his wife, runs off with a 15 year old pissing off his arranged marriage to the Martells of Dorne and the Baratheons (who had an arrangment with the Starks about said 15 year old), So the Baratheons, Starks, Aryns, Martells, Baelishes, and almost everybody else collectively Rebeled. Rhaegar, believing himself a reborn fire-diety/savior, wears a custom ruby-encrusted set of armor into battle and immediately dies when an angry Rob Baratheon beats him to death with a hammer. Not even a magical or Valerian-steel hammer, just a hammer.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    tommy-thewho, xdawg and GodShifter like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

good episode...now we know why Snow came back from the dead...; )

4. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

He shouldn't be. The guy he replaced as the Three Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow) sure didn't seem to be this expressionless stiff. He was engaging. Almost parental to Bran.

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The thing is Rhaegar was never king. He never got the opportunity.

I could swear the mythology of him is he was a great warrior. Only a few were better: Robert Baratheon (obviously), Jamie Lannister, Ned Stark, and, I suppose, Arthur Dayne. That’s what I remember anyway.

6. daniel peterson

daniel peterson Forum Resident

Bronn may be a mercenary, and he may be concentrated on making money at the expense of ethics, but he bonded with the brothers way too much to simply sell them out.

Ed Hughes and mrjinks like this.
  7. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

He's always looked out for himself 1st & foremost. That said, it's a simple answer really, Tyrion's gonna have to pay him double!;)

tommy-thewho and ronbow like this.
  8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

What’s to keep Bronn from keeping the gold he was given and not doing anything? Qyburn said there were two chests outside waiting for him. He takes the gold and goes his own way unless much more was promised. Is he supposed to bring back their heads or something ? Beyond that, if Cersei really wanted Jamie dead why didn’t she just have Ser Gregor kill him when he was leaving last season?

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Cersei wanting Jaime dead is so outside of her character (She's made it clear she wants Tyrion dead man, many times) I'm not sure that wasn't strictly a plot from Qyburn. Sure, fighting the army of the dead is probably a suicide mission already but Jaime's death doesn't benefit Cersei in any way, she's already the queen and Jaime is unlikely to start a civil war for the throne since he also has no heirs left.

And ser Gregor hasn't had a decent fight since his 'makeover' (I think he's only killed a nameless sparrow and a drunk after Cersei's shaming) because the filmmakers are saving it for an awesome Mountain/Hound battle. I wouldn't be surprised if two extra arms pop out of his back and he fights with four swords like General Greivous.

10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I know that Jaime & Cersei 'discussed' her double-cross but I didn't exactly hear him say that he'd go alone. Did he get permission? Does Cersei even know he left? She really seems to have nobody (that counts) in her corner!

11. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

No, he certainly did not get permission from Cersei to leave. And yes, she knows he has left. That's why she wants him dead, for his 'treason', leaving her. He turned his back on her, joining his little 'treacherous' brother. He would probably also come after her (in her mind) should the undead army be defeated. So no, I don't consider this act of sending Bronn after the Lannister brothers to be out of her character. Cersei always sees people being against her (often with good reason) and she wants to have them destroyed so she can keep on clinging to power. And yes, she is getting more and more isolated with that behaviour.

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

13. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

The actor who plays Bronn apparently has stated that his character won't be very popular amongst the viewers this year. SO I'm thinking Bronn's going to at least try to carry out Cersei's plan.

14. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

:laugh:

15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Interesting. I don’t necessarily like that info, but good to know.

Fact is MOST of our beloved (and not so beloved) characters are going to die in this thing before it’s over. It’s just a matter of when and by whom.

16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yes, she knows he left or she wouldn’t have commissioned Bronn to go kill him. It was clear he was leaving in the last season yet she allowed him to. I guess she regretted that decision.

17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Jeez, as I'm reading the answers to my questions I realize that I knew the answers all along. I better put the bong down!;)

18. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Or pass it over

iggyd and GodShifter like this.
  19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

When all is looking lost for The North, maybe the Glovers will come riding in to save the day... :rolleyes:

20. daniel peterson

daniel peterson Forum Resident

It is highly unlikely that Cersei will pay Bronn before he kills either of them.

21. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Didn't Qyburn say she pays in advance, and the carts full of gold were already waiting outside his house?

Chris from Chicago and vince like this.
  22. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I stated that already.

That was my point: if she’s already paid him why does he even have to do anything? He could just take off with the loot. There has to be some catch as why he can’t not do it.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think it was just a poorly written scene. i don't expect anything nearly as nuanced as we'd like to come out of this.

then again, it could just be a trap. but we don't have time for that.

24. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

You have seen the kind of things that happen to people who displease Cersei?

GodShifter likes this.
  25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Her influence and range only extends so far.

Chris from Chicago likes this.