Gee, those Audio Fidelity CDs vanish quickly!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by FrontalLobe, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

If I remember correctly, the original Bad Co. disc was not limited to 5,000 copies but Audio Fidelity was allowed to sell as many as they could in a specified period of time. That worked out real well because it was unlimited and many people were able to buy this title.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

PM sent.

3. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Thanx aoaomoaxa! Just ordered! I've been lamenting the fact that I missed out on this one.

4. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Steve put up a post about the Bad Co. debut--seems it took so long to locate the real mastertape that it cut a big slice out of the licensing period. That's the reason it went OOP in a "blink once and you'll miss it" moment.

5. FrontalLobe

FrontalLobe New Member Thread Starter

Thank you! I just ordered a copy and although it shows an expected ship date of 3-29, I'm hopeful that they can fulfill my order.

6. Tremaindous

Tremaindous Forum Resident

Interesting. Saturday I ordered from J and R. Today they canceled my order.

7. Not surprising. I get suspicious when I see "in stock" and a ship date over a week in the future. I read it as "not really in stock, but we think we'll have more of them by then."

8. FrontalLobe

:realmad:

9. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

That is where I get all my AF titles from. The only time I had to special order was CSN.

10. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Yep - Serious WTF type stuff existing in the same realm as AC battery's, left handed screwdrivers, brass magnets, and striped paint.

11. FrontalLobe

Audio Fidelity's website shows Mud Slide Slim... as "New Release" and Crosby, Stills & Nash as "Now Available." I ordered both. Act now!

12. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

Gloria at AF confirmed the imminent arrival of the second pressing when I spoke with her yesterday.

13. The numbers on recent AF gold discs are printed on stickers. It could be someone removed it from your copy.

14. I've had a copy on backorder from Barnes & Noble -- hopefully, they'll be getting their shipment of the new pressing soon as well.

15. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I pre-ordered "Holy Diver" and received it on the day of release and got #2,4XX (I'm at work, can't remember the exact number). Of course, I got mine from Amazon and not directly from AF. That might have something to do with it.

16. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

I actually find it interesting that a release of 5.000 discs still is available for purchase months after release date. Hoffmanites and their friends must be several thousands spanning from the whole world. I often buy AF Gold CD's to some of my Audiophile friends in Sweden. (Non SH Forum members)

17. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

See my post #26 :)

18. tagomago

tagomago Original Wrapper

The Byrds - Younger Than Yesterday is not on the AF website anymore. Isit sold out?

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

20. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

I order CSN from J&R this week and got it in today's mail.

21. Pureprairie1972

Pureprairie1972 New Member

Just got Gary Wright's Dream Weaver a couple of days ago.

I was fence sitting on that one, but once I heard the opening to "Love Is Alive" I'm glad I got it.

22. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I just went to Audio Fidelity's site and ordered CSN. No room for error with this one. :righton:

23. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I don't want a repeat of DCC gold CDs, where I passed on many titles when they were in print and paid a lot more for them later. As a result, I've been pre-ordering Audio Fidelity gold CDs from amazon.com as soon as they have been posted.

24. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Ditto - but I use a subscription. They take care of me for a small premium.

25. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Would you please explain how it works?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.