"Gentleman Jack" (HBO), anyone?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

At 1st, Lister's sexuality disturbed me in that she was such a sexual predator. But I came to realize that she's simply a horny alpha personality. Good-looking, smart, and charming, if she were a he, I probably wouldn't have given her behavior a 2nd Thought!

One of my favorite aspects of the show is when she talks to, or shoots a look to US. I think its an excellent touch.

Purple Jim likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

That one when Miss Walker says, "Who are you looking at?"
    Hilarious!

SquishySounds likes this.
  3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The last time I saw an actor do it effectively was Spacey in House Of Cards!

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Brilliant series. Everyone was great in it and Suranne Jones & Sophie Rundle were outstanding. Great dialog and lavish sets (though some of the outdoor vfx were a little ropy at times).

The narrative had me gripped throughout, though I felt it lost a little steam in the last two or three episodes with the world trip detour. I think they should have stuck more with the coal mining intrigue, but I guess they're saving that for another series? Still, it was a touching ending and a great way to wrap up (so long as there is another series to address the loose ends).

vince likes this.
  5. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

BBC - Gentleman Jack to return for a second series, following its hugely successful debut on BBC One - Media Centre

Chazro, vince and Deesky like this.
  6. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Series One finished on Sunday night. What a fantastic series it is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.