George Harrison - All Things Must Pass 50th-ish Anniversary Edition - Price & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunking101, Nov 21, 2018.

1. stevef

stevef Senior Member

I wholeheartily agree. When I first met Tom Wilkes at a Beatles convention in 2005, he told me some interesting behind-the-scenes stories from his long art director career, his many many album covers, as well as his experiences with GH. I was in *heaven*. He also had a few poster prints available that in retrospect I should have had him sign for me, but I opted for his Beatles' "Monterey Pop 1967/All You Need Is Love" poster instead. He did autograph that for me, and I had it framed under glass on my wall. I really enjoyed my time and my long discussion with him. Sadly Tom passed a few years after this. If you check out the links to that site I posted, one can see the incredible details of Tom's original illustration.
    I do not know who bought that original watercolor painting, but I'm sure it sold FAST, and the selling price was very expensive. I would have loved to have owned it. sigh...
    I also met Bruce Spizer (who signed my The Beatles On Apple book) and the late Jackie Lomax, who also performed live with his band at this show. And... yes he did perform George's "Sour Milk Sea".
    Very very nice. It turned out to be a very satisfying day indeed!!! :cool:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  2. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

I was finally going to give in and get the Uber Deluxe set until I read an article in the WP and saw I could get this for $995 instead.
    [​IMG]

3. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Basketball handbags? Who would have thought...

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Yes. It does say 'exclusive' more than once. They will have to issue a 19 track or 21 track alternative! Perhaps this whole thing has gotten out of hand. I remember buying Venus and Mars on vinyl when it first appeared. My English teacher had the round sticker on her handbag I recall. I really liked the package (and indeed still have it). Is the SDE any more special? Probably not although it is nice to have all of the extra information and photos etc. They are just things at the end of the day. Enjoy them while we are here and maybe not get too hung up with the arguments of what is good or bad. Life is too short to nit-pick.

yardbuzzard likes this.
  5. dsdu

Prada volleyball with carrying bag. Perfect for Malibu.

Lewisboogie and dormouse like this.
  6. marc roberty

marc roberty Forum Resident

Oh sweet Jesus

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Krishna. It's a George thread after all.

Oh sweet Krishna.

;)

8. dsdu

marc roberty and Uncle Miles like this.
  9. dsdu

Volley Krishna, Volley Krishna
    Volley, Volley
    Volley Prada

Oaw, Lewisboogie, boggs and 3 others like this.
  10. Wiserforthetime and Bill813 like this.
  11. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Now that's just silly, where are the figurines? If it had a figurine of Nicky Hopkins it would be an automatic buy.

12. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

I may have missed this in this thread—is the 30% UDiscover code still active and if so please specify it. Thx. Also is there a consensus as to the best US deal for the 5 cd box and if so would appreciate that info too with applicable code. Many thx again!

13. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

How do you get this 10% off code from importcds?

14. Further

Further Forum Resident

Optimal.

And yes, I agree with you. A wonderfully pressed, great sounding record.

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Simplified 8-minute buyer's guide overview:

16. RockyRoll

RockyRoll Forum Resident

Anyone here like the way they colored the forest green on the cover while leaving everything else in the photo untouched? Do you think they should have left it Grey like the original cover?

beatlesblogger, dbone828 and SteveM like this.
  17. Yes, I do and no, I don't to answer both questions.

More to the point I'm surprised no one has questioned the source of the wood used to make the Uber case. In my opinion it really should have been oak from the felled tree(s) or from a sustainable source.

RockyRoll likes this.
  18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Arnie,
    Can you recommend some prayers to go with the beads?
    Thanks.

19. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

The code is HAPPY10 (displayed on their website), nothing they need to send to you.

Unfortunately, it applies only to in-stock items.,

Rfreeman likes this.
  20. FabStiv

FabStiv Well-Known Member

I ordered the uber box and I play almost exclusively vinyls. Let's say about 9 times out of 10.

Ricardo Cosinaro and jl151080 like this.
  21. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

If you have never registered with them before, when you sign up click the boxes that allow them to email you all of their promo-marketing emails. They will then immediately email you a 10% off coupon code that is only good for two weeks. You can then apply it to your new pre-order. If you have already registered or ordered with them before -- just sign up with a new email and follow that same process to get the 10% offer sent to you.

The last time I had ordered with them was when the white album set was announced, so I registered again with a different email this time. :shh:

mrjinks likes this.
  22. Bakeryrec

Bakeryrec Forum Resident

I was able to use the code UD20OFF at udiscover yesterday for 20% off the green/black 3 LP edition of this release. Thanks to whomever posted that. I have a nice OG copy of All Things Must Pass, but this will be a nice alternate experience for one of my favorite Beatles -world releases.

23. FabStiv

FabStiv Well-Known Member

24. Jack

Jack Senior Member

FabStiv likes this.
  25. dsdu

I've heard from people who know Arnie that when it comes to most things in life he hasn't got a prayer.