Gillian Welch is releasing BOOTS NO. 2: THE LOST SONGS

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SolitaryMan, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Yes, I did the same several weeks ago. Also no reply.

2. tms766

tms766 Forum Resident

Got a reply today (unfortunately not the one I had hoped for):
    "We do not have different versions of this release - sorry! We’ve tried to keep shipping costs as low possible, but we do understand that they are still high for our international costumers."

3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Thanks! I had no great expectation but it does confirm that I'm not a customer of theirs, international or otherwise.

polk and tms766 like this.
  4. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Fwiw, just randomly checked this thread on Friday after not having done so for a while - was really happy to find out about the boxed set release. Immediately ordered Friday afternoon - set arrived today! Unbelievable that it got here that quickly - almost feels like someone in Nashville personally hopped in their car to drive it over here: other items I ordered weeks ago are still "in transit"....

Will be wrapping it up to put under the tree - can't wait to dig in as it looks gorgeous.

stefane, Dubmart and Crimson Witch like this.
  5. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I've really enjoyed each of the three volumes of Boots: The Lost Songs. Very solid in every case

6. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

I agree. Very nearly as solid as all of her proper studio albums. Astounding stuff, yet also kinda of small-scale and lighthearted.

7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

CD or LP box? I have a preorder on the LP box and haven’t heard a thing other than having access to the downloads which I don’t use. On the site it says box sets are delayed until 2021. You must be one of the lucky ones.

8. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

This set really delivers after the lackluster All The Good Times and Poor David's Almanack.

tms766 likes this.
  9. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Sorry, I ordered the CD box - I can imagine the LP set will be taking longer.

sonofjim likes this.
  10. smitquest

smitquest Forum Resident

in a world of new purchases that i never seem to have enough time to really LISTEN to much, this one was a real breath of fresh air. only halfway through volume 2, because i had to go back and explore volume 1 a few times - a lot of really good music on this set...

really looking forward to living with this set for a while - i never really connected that much with the "dave rawlings machine" releases, so it's good to be getting quite INTO this one.

smitquest

Hep Alien and frightwigwam like this.
  11. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

My CD box arrived today.

This sets the new standard by which all box sets should be shipped. Well packaged and. arrived in perfect condition.

Nice presentation of box, book and jewel case placement.

Well done.

Hep Alien and monkeyboy67 like this.
  12. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Is there anyone in the UK/Europe who ordered the CD version who has received it yet? I can see from the tracking info that mine shipped in December, made it to Switzerland on the 18th December and then it's all gone quiet. Nearly a month without updates so you can see my concern :cry:

13. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I had a very similar experience with the previous LP, it appeared to disappear in Switzerland for weeks, in reality it was actually stuck somewhere in the UK waiting for customs to deal with it, I suspect your package left Switzerland within two days and it's the tracking that hasn't been updated, don't panic yet.

frightwigwam and CharlieClown like this.
  14. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Thanks - that makes me feel better. I guess Covid and Brexit are also factors plus they're probably working how much extra to charge me by way of customs :sigh:

15. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I'm right in thinking these are never going to be reissued widely? I've got the hi-res digital downloads but importing from the US is just too expensive right now.

16. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

That's what I can see too and it's very disconcerting. I wonder if it is taking even longer than usual as they try to sort out the customs situation post-Brexit (not to mention CV-19).

CharlieClown likes this.
  17. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I'd posted about my postage issues on the other Gillian Welch thread, looks like it took just under two weeks to arrive after tracking showed it in Switzerland, but that was in November so before any Brexit and Covid related delays which likely account for the extra couple of weeks, I know how I felt so hopefully you guys get yours very soon, I've ordered the vinyl no idea when that may ship let alone arrive.

18. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

Will these be released through normal retail, the All the Good Times CD is no longer available at Acony, I see. Shipping is quite expensive to Europe, so I was hoping for normal retail as well for both this and All the Good Times.

Hep Alien likes this.
  19. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

Mine was last reported as "Dispatched by US carrier" on 23rd December with no news since ...

CharlieClown likes this.
  20. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

Is that on the web page with Asendia top left? If so try clicking on the blue tracking number link on that page (on the right) and it should open a Royal Mail page, which is where I can see that it arrived in Switzerland before Xmas.

21. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I Amy be repeating myself but I have thoroughly enjoyed Boots No.2 and Vol 1., 2. and 3.

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

I've now done that and the result is "In Transit" and "From : Switzerland", although I also note that Asendia show dispatch by the US carrier on 23rd December; and Royal Mail indicate that the item was received in Switzerland on 22nd December ....

23. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

LP sets delayed until March

You are receiving this email because you preordered
    Gillian Welch & David Rawlings' Boots No. 2: The Lost Songs boxset on vinyl LP. We wanted to update you on the current status of your order.

We sincerely apologize for the continued delay in getting the boxsets completed and shipped. We strive to deliver the best sounding and highest quality vinyl products possible, and through a perfect storm of mastering complications for the vinyl package, shipping delays due to the current pandemic and production setbacks in record pressing that are plaguing the entire industry, we are sad to say you will have to wait a little bit longer.

We are just as disappointed as you to not have these boxsets in your hands by now, and Acony is working as hard as our tiny little record label can work to get them to you as soon as possible. Our expected ship date is now March. If that significantly changes down the road, we’ll be sure to update you again.

stefane and MonkeyTennis like this.
  24. MonkeyTennis

MonkeyTennis Billie Eilish style

I received the same email this morning. Disappointing to find it delayed, but better to have a clear timescale and I appreciated the update. Pandemic times, I suppose.

25. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I'm okay with this delay, but hopefully this means that the vinyl set will be of impeccable quality - with zero issues as to mastering, pressing or packaging.

MonkeyTennis likes this.