"Gilmore Girls" Revival Coming to Netflix!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

lbangs, Deesky and BeatleStair like this.
  2. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

My wife is excited. She just finished up the series on Netflix. I would casually watch bits and pieces. The final season definitely took a nose-dive when the main show runners left.

4. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I think season six was the worst. The final seventh season was about as good as could be expected given the crappy storylines Amy Sherman-Palladino introduced on her way out as creator/showrunner.

5. dirwuf

More info with some minor. minor spoilers...

CLICK HERE

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Will give a look fer sure

7. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

on no!!! very bad move by netflix ! this will be a dud!

8. dirwuf

What could you possibly be basing that on? And even if it's awful, lotsa people will watch, which means great move by Netflix.

johnaltman likes this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm cautiously excited. Cautious, because I want it to be awesome, but a whole bunch of time has passed and it may be hard to recapture the same charm/dynamics from the series, and so it could be disappointing.

But, fingers crossed, I hope it works out!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  10. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

I'd like to see a Pink Floyd inspired "Gilmour Girls" instead.

What would the plot involve I wonder.

Gumboo likes this.
  11. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

too many years have passed ! if this was axed a few months ago I would have no problem with it ! bringing back such an old show is pretty dangerous !

12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's not that old. Only a modest eight years have passed since it wrapped up in 2007. They just need to get back into the Gilmore groove and they should be okay.

13. dirwuf

Considering that most people didn't like the final season of the original series, they really have nothing to lose.

LivingForever and lbangs like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I didn't have a problem with the final season. In fact, I didn't even realize that Amy Sherman-Palladino had left the show at the time. The only thing I would have liked was for the series to end the way everyone thought it would, instead of being a bit open-ended, but I guess we may yet (now) get that resolution.

15. dirwuf

I didn't mind it as much as many seemed to...my point was that it's not they are not going to tarnish a universally acclaimed ending to the series.

lbangs likes this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Should give both of their careers a boost. Alexis especially; she had a movie out awhile ago that a reviewer said was laughably horrible.

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Maybe Alexis, but Lauren's been pretty active with the recent series Parenthood and soon Kate on Later. Also she and Mae Whitman (daughter from Parenthood), are set to re-team on an adaptation of The Royal We.

18. dirwuf

I hope Alexis has recovered from the lobotomy she got on "Mad Men".

19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Oh yea, forgot about the Kate thing. I thought she was relegated to a lesser role on Parenthood the few times I saw it, maybe I'm wrong. She needs to make Bad Santa 2 with Billy Bob

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah. And its not like Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham have let themselves go, or anything.

21. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I wonder if they'll pick up as if 8+ years have passed or try to pick up as if it's still 2007? I guess it would be weird for them to pretend it's still 2007, but if they jump to the present then we will have probably missed some important events like Lorelai and Luke's wedding, possibly even Rory's wedding. I wonder if they'll incorporate Ed Herman's (Richard) death into the storyline by opening with his funeral or just have that take place in the interim years we missed.

22. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Is that Kate show where Lauren would play a late-night host still happening? I heard a lot about it a year ago, but absolutely nothing since.

23. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

I doubt that Melissa McCarthy will be on board, not that it matters much.

24. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah I kind doubt it too. She couldn't be bothered to come to the reunion earlier this year, so I think it's obvious she's too big (no pun intended) for the show now. That's fine though, because I don't feel like her character was really integral. They could have a throwaway line about Sookie, Jackson, and their kids moving out of Stars Hollow to open up a restaurant or something.

Pennywise likes this.
  25. dirwuf

I bet McCarthy makes at least a token appearance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.