Gohastings

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Sput, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I bought the old Melissa Manchester Greatest Hits CD at gohastings, and they sent the right disc, but I also ordered the Edwin Hawkins Singers' O Happy Day album on CD from there, and they sent a bargain bin compilation with a re-recorded O Happy Day, and I complained to them and they told me I could keep the disc. I ordered the right disc from another seller and they gave me the right disc.

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I've gotten a full refund, for every time they made a mistake. About 7 times.

3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Ouch. :laugh:

4. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Well that's some good news.

5. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I got a response from gohastings on whether it was the MFSL (it shipped today also) and it was a form letter saying they followed the product description.

:laugh:

It's going to be an adventure!

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Sure enough they sent the regular non-MFSL Counting Crows CD. :D

Live and Learn. Return process initiated at Amazon.

7. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

8. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

:laugh:

I am going to blame the Amazon 1-click button on my iPhone app and my buying it at 7:30am before I had a coffee one morning.

9. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Well gohastings has at least some good business practices. They are refunding my money and letting me keep the disc. I like that I don't have to go to the post office.

Tjazz likes this.
  10. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

They dont do it all the time. They made me return a "DCC Gold" once. I think it depends how much you paid.

11. BradOlson

Lee, this is the reason why you should only look for common used titles or discs where there is only one mastering at gohastings.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They have sunk to a new low in vinyl shipping...I had an LP shipped to me with a thin paper shopping bag wrapped around the LP as the mailer...no padding of any sort...

13. BradOlson

I won't buy any vinyl from GoHastings. Thanks for the warning.

14. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It's not, worth the headache of sending back.
    I seen many times on ebay, I rather pay a little higher price
    than deal with a bunch of confused nimrods.
    They remind me of a seller called Jay & Marie

15. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

I ordered 4 CD's from their recent sale , one cd has not shipped and I believe it will not, 2 CD's arrived today both totally different titles than I ordered.

Crazy, I mean can't they figure this out, maybe it would help if they had a picture of the cd that was being ordered.

No more buying CD's from them , it's just not worth it no matter what the price.

16. Tjazz

I thought I'd risk buying an LP from them. It was only $1.34 (after a 40% off discount) plus $2.40 shipping (shipping is only 96 cents for CDs). Miri Ben-Ari 2-LP Hip Hop Violin album. The CD arrives instead. I call and complain and get a full refund and they tell me to keep the CD.

17. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Any rubber bands around it?

18. GoHastings is fine to deal with if you know their business practices going in. CDs are now mailed in bubble mailers for the most part, while Blu-rays/DVDs get mailed out in thin plastic bags. Their used CD stock would usually qualify for the Good/Very Good category on Amazon marketplace unless you get lucky and receive a cut-out. Same with their used DVD stock. Blu-rays tend to be in better shape simply because they are built tougher than those other formats.

Do not order an expensive album from them that has a less expensive edition commonly available. They are notorious about sending out the regular CDs for gold CDs and the like.

19. Misery_loves..

Misery_loves.. Forum Resident

Yes, PhantomStrange sums it up very well. Matches my experiences with them.

20. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Oh...I like that part of online buying. I don't order anything expensive, $3 to $6 or so...and I often get Japan for US or West German pressings cause I order the old stuff. All my Steely Dan cd's I've gotten thru Amazon Marketplace have been Japan4US, and all the Moody Blues cd's I've ordered are the W. German issues ! All for paltry sums and excellent condition ! And these I didn't even email the seller to ask.

I bought a Yes 'Fragile' from goHastings for 3 or 4 bucks and got a West German pressing in great shape ! So my one dealing with them was positive !

Tjazz likes this.
  21. Tjazz

Usually, every time I order a 2-CD set, that are packed individual jewel cases, only 1 CD is shipped. I phone and get a full refund, and they tell me to keep the CD.

22. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

This is my first time opening an A-Z claim through amazon. Go Hastings sent me a "new" box set that was severely damaged and opened.

Does amazon usually make you pay return shipping on these? It's quite a heavy set which would make this experience even more unfortunate. I wish I'd bothered to do a search on this merchant before purchasing.

23. GoHastings does accept returns, they'll provide a shipping label upon request. I haven't used it in a while but Amazon will refund your entire order amount without asking you to mail it back, in an A to Z claim.

hvbias likes this.
  24. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

I did an A-Z claim a few months back. I'd contacted the marketplace seller previously and was getting a run around. A couple of days after my A-Z claim, I heard back from the seller...asking me to send back my item...at MY cost...and I'd only be reimbursed for the item cost, not the original shipping or return cost. So...I paid for shipping both ways. Well...Amazon saw that I had reconciled with my seller and said they were canceling my A-Z claim. And in a few days, THEY sent me a refund on my initial shipping charge, but not my return shipping. So in the end I just paid for the return shipping. Better than losing the whole deal.

25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You should have let the A-Z continue. That would have resulted in a mark against the seller. You get enough of those and you can find your account permanently closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.