Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

On superdeluxeedition............

Bruce Springsteen / The Album Collection Vol 2 vinyl box – £69 (was £120)

AMAZING price for this 10LP box set which features Tunnel Of Love(2LP), Human Touch (2LP), Lucky Town and The Ghost of Tom Joad, a double vinyl MTV Plugged (from 1993), the Chimes of Freedom EP on 12-inch vinyl (issued in ’88) and the debut on vinyl of 1996’s Blood Brothers EP.

[​IMG]

2. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

3. Almost Simon

didnt last long, thats those SDE alerts, go too damn quickly. £145 now.

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I bought the Springsteen for $65 US not long ago on Walmart.com

latheofheaven and marcb like this.
  5. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

This is a heads up (if the Gorts think this needs its own thread, please split out).

Watching the BBC News just now they talked about an FT front page story on new EU rules coming into play for e-commerce. The FT story is behind a pay-wall, but I did find the following:

All You Need to Know About the EU's New Ecommerce Payment Rules

The BBC News story mentioned that authentication would be needed for payments over 30 pounds! As so many companies seem unaware that this change is imminent (Sept.), it is unclear what this is going to mean for us all, but online purchases in Europe will not be so easy come September!

6. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I guess the internet does need regulation but those GDPR pop ups are the most irritating and pointless things ever.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Me too. Didn’t last for long at that price though.

8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Almost all retailers use third party providers to process their payments, Amazon may be an exception, so the retailers won't have to do anything, the buyer will just have to provide a secondary layer of authentication, UK banks have been warning us about this for several months, I think my card providers are going the SMS code route.

imarcq likes this.
  9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Have there been any indications on how they plan to implement this for international purchases, both across European boundaries and from outside Europe?

Depending on the type of Brexit, what then happens in the UK after it has finally left the EU?

imarcq likes this.
  10. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I assume there will be no difference with international purchases, if it's from the EU we'll have secondary verification, elsewhere will remain the same I assume.

Considering almost none of our politicians and civil servants want to leave the EU then even when we do they will ensure we follow EU rules and regulations for many years to come whether they benefit us or not and in this particular case it may be beneficial if it reduces fraud.

Both my Visa and Mastercards have had a secondary layer of verification for as long as I can remember, Verified By Visa being one where you enter letters/numbers from a password, weirdly I couldn't tell you the last time I was required to use it so I suspect there will be a few months of extra security and then it will disappear from one's regular sites.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    imarcq likes this.
  11. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

Amazon have dropped the price of the released today Divine Comedy Office Polotics
    Deluxe 2 CD by £2.00 to £10.99

superstar19 likes this.
  12. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

New rules start in September, so it will be implemented.

13. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

• [​IMG]
    Pre order From Amazon uk.

DRIFT SONGS
    Seven CD Deluxe Box Set
    Price: £57.94 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
    This title will be released on October 25, 2019.

14. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

Ornette Coleman - Atlantic Years vinyl box down to just over £103 at present, almost as low as it has been so far. Maybe even more tempting for overseas buyers who don't pay the VAT we do in the UK. I've been trying to justify the purchase but already have the 'Beauty is a rare thing' CD set, otherwise I'd definitely purchase one at about £10 an LP.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atlantic-Y...way&sprefix=ornette+coleman+at,aps,152&sr=8-1

superstar19, RiRiIII and imarcq like this.
  15. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Prince - Piano and Microphone Deluxe Hard Slip case 2LP and CD is now only £18 today.....I paid £20 a month ago and got a great deal then. This is better still! Think how you could spend the extra £2 saved? ;) Piano, Microphone and Coffee?

Piano & A Microphone 1983 (Deluxe Edition CD/Vinyl) [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DKGDX9P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sK7.Cb0HQAG

Also warehouse deal with a dinged cover for £16!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    latheofheaven, SJP and Dubmart like this.
  16. imarcq

It's £17 today!

latheofheaven, SJP and Reese like this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Do we really need to provide blatant referral code link buttons?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Album-Collection-Vol-1987-1996-VINYL/dp/B07BLJDYVK

18. Almost Simon

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That "Grab the Deal" button you inserted is a referral code miner--takes a commission for the person who programmed the button.

20. Almost Simon

Okay.

I do get your point but these sort of deals go really quick. I didn't have the time to do peoples work for them - it was a very quick copy/paste. I indicated where the deal was, How people make the order is their own business - clearly people are intelligent enough to go direct to amazon to order if they don't want to pass any referral fee on. I'm not affiliated with SDE website, I was just trying to help people out and nobody else has complained.

But lets move on eh!:sigh:

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I have no problem whatsoever clicking through SuperDeluxeEdition for any of his deal links, always glad to support the site in such a small way. It isn’t like a nefarious link embedded by gosh knows who.

22. imarcq

No problem here either. SDE is a great site and Paul posts some very good deals. I don't begrudge him any so called referral fees. Good luck to him and keep the good deals coming eh?

23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

latheofheaven, imarcq and superstar19 like this.
  24. imarcq

I got a random £5 off discount code from Amazon today rewarding me for vinyl purchases over the past year. Anybody else get one, or are they just appeasing me! ;)

latheofheaven likes this.
  25. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

They sent me one, too!

imarcq likes this.