Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  3. Jason Pumphrey

4. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

The sound quality seems excellent to these ears. The early stuff - Fat Man, etc. - is probably about the best they can do but those are the exception. Can’t speak to the speed as that’s something I’m not well-versed in but they don’t sound sped up or too slow to me.

Jason Pumphrey likes this.
  5. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

"Into the Labyrinth" by Dead Can Dance arrived today... with nothing but a label slapped on the shrink wrap. My first experience with "bare shipping". One corner is bent. Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back. Bought it at $13.73 and it is now back up to $30.19. So at this stage it's equivalent to buying from the "scratch and dent" section. :) I'm listening to the Qobuz stream to help make up my mind.

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

my copy was tossed in a giant box with no inner protection, so it's also beat up. doesn't matter since it was pressed at MPO and littered with their famous non-fill. sounded decent aside from that, however.

sennj and latheofheaven like this.
  7. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

Landed this late AM just in time for the 3rd cup 'o coffee. Sounds fantastic. Beautiful reissue. Arrived in a thick LP mailer wrapped in bubble wrap inside of a solid box (aka overkill but I'll take it) so pretty much a win-win-win. Thanks again for the heads up! :cool:

8. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

I also got the Gladiators in the double packaging. Looks minty fresh. :D

black sheriff and Surrural like this.
  9. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

Just a shout out to Black Sheriff to list out these Omnivore reissues of 80's releases from Nighthawk Records. I knew nothing about these Nighthawk reggae releases but they're great (and great deals). Thank you!

riverrat, Surrural, Lethrus and 2 others like this.
  10. Jason Pumphrey

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

You’re welcome. I’m glad that the prices stayed low long enough for you guys to purchase them. They really are great reissues.

dcarwin, Matt I, Lethrus and 2 others like this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

13. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

4LPs with far too much talk you won't want to hear again and you can't auto skip. They are saving you from yourself :) It's their gift to our friends to the North.

popmat, hype, ptijerm and 7 others like this.
  15. popscene

popscene Senior Member

For what it's worth, I know it's a polarizing release, but I'm really enjoying it. It was well worth the $17 I paid!

GentleSenator, SJP and stinsojd like this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm glad to hear this. Our friend @kwadguy just about made me cancel...again! :)

17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Amazon should do an exchange for another copy, just tell them that the item was damaged because it was shipped improperly. I've done exchanges with them several times, they usually send out the replacement copy same day. The last time I did an exchange I didn't even have to repackage the return, just dropped it off at the UPS store.

dcarwin and latheofheaven like this.
  18. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Received my Dylan in Mono vinyl set today and it’s definitely not a repress as the hype stickers on the front show wear from storage. I’m not complaining, the set was well packed and is mint condition on the outside - very much looking forward to spinning these as I sold all my MFSL copies.

googlymoogly and superstar19 like this.
  19. J Borland

J Borland Forum Resident

Mine arrived today as well. It had hype stickers but did not note any storage wear. Nicely packaged and looks great. Is in the to-be-cleaned pile, which is starting to get a little ridiculous at this point...

20. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

I guess I'd have to phone in to get an exchange, because online the only option is refund. (... and reorder at a higher current price)

21. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Same here, waiting on sleeves right now...

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I just did an exchange through the online chat yesterday. Initially they offered a refund and then I asked for the exchange. Was no problem. I received the replacement today.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's OOS from amazon direct right now. wait until it's back in stock and request a replacement then. that's what i'm doing for my garbage copy.

Strat-Mangler and latheofheaven like this.
  24. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

That's weird - I've never seen it not give the option for exchange. But yeah, call them or get someone on chat. Now perhaps they're reluctant to do exchanges because the sale price was so cheap, but I'd think they'd have to make an exception for one of those no-package-just-shipping-label jobs, which they aren't supposed to be doing anyway.

25. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Does ship to Canada, but for the princely sum of $23 US (plus customs fees) bringing it to $63 CAD which is still a bit cheaper than amazon.ca

Strat-Mangler likes this.