Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

MerseyBeatle and latheofheaven like this.
  2. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

3. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

4. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Has anyone who recently snagged T. Rex Electric Warrior received the LP (and can hopefully confirm that it’s the 2017 Rhino KG pressing)? If so, was it offered directly by Amazon or someone else?

Muchas gracias

elsanto and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

It was sold by Amazon, not third party.

elsanto, latheofheaven and topekatj like this.
  6. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Good to know - I take it you received the Rhino?
    MovieMars had at least one copy listed on the Rhino pressing page earlier today, and I snapped it up. They also appear to be selling the 2014 Back to Black pressing for a different price (different item page). I’m hoping I receive the Rhino.
    Kind of odd, seems a few Rhinos have trickled out recently, some Discogs sellers are currently asking $50 or so now.

elsanto and latheofheaven like this.
  7. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Yes, the Rhino KG with the hype sticker. Deepdiscount had some the other day too. It seems like Rhino did a small run.

8. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

9. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

Can confirm it's the 2017 Kevin Gray cut. I received mine today and I'm thrilled to have it.

10. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

11. DRS614

DRS614 Active Member

That's a great price, but the "product usually ships in 1 to 2 months" part gave me pause.

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. The Killer Piglet

The Killer Piglet Forum Resident

I have placed orders for item like this, sometime it takes as little as a week.

latheofheaven and Matt I like this.
  13. Muffinbutt

Does anyone know when Amazon does there 3 for 2 deals? Is it just one of those things that just pops up randomly?

14. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

when Target does it

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  15. Muffinbutt

When does target do it? Haha when Walmart does it?

16. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

I waited 3 months for Dylan Desire Mofi lp at $19. Totally worth it if the price is right.

Batman21 and hutlock like this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Right, and Amazon doesn’t charge you until it ships anyway. So if you buy it elsewhere just cancel with Amazon. If you get sick of waiting, just cancel with Amazon. If you wind up not wanting it, just cancel with Amazon. I don’t understand why any amount of lead time would actually be a concern under the circumstances. You are taking literally no risk at all by placing the order.

18. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Lol, Amazon and Walmart seem to have a direct title for title price war going on at pretty much any time. Target randomly does the 3 for 2 sale (twice in the last six months for a week each time) but I don't know if there is a pattern.

Muffinbutt and latheofheaven like this.
  19. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I thought the same thing at first - but placed the order. Guessing, when it is finally shipped to me, I will have forgotten that I ordered it --- which happens from time to time...

20. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

And if the price goes down in the interim, just order again and cancel the original. Although I have wondered if this puts you to the back of the line and increases the risk you don't get it.

21. If you’re speaking of Amazon, they automatically give you the lowest price between the date you order and the date an order is filled.

22. DRS614

DRS614 Active Member

23. Good to know. I thought that was only for pre-orders.

24. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I think it is only for pre-orders. They've reduced prices on me before between ordering and shipping and I've never gotten a credit or a lower price.

I even had a recent situation where I ordered an XTC record.. it was about to be shipped.. popped up in the 3 for 2 sale.. cancelled the original order.. reordered with 3 for 2.. got it delivered much later than the other 2 because I was probably put to the back of the line. It got delivered and was the wrong record. They argued with me about it claiming it wasn't delivered when I held it in my hand. I asked for a credit since they were out of stock and couldn't send me another one. I argued that because of their mistake, I would have to reorder at a much higher price than the 3 for 2 sale warranted.. gave me a $5 promo credit.. then refunded me $5 less than the original 3 for 2 price breakdown for the item. I was tired of arguing with them because I had recently received a number of damaged items. They are still out of stock.

25. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member