Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I buy the things I really really want right away looking for the best pre-sale deal using this forum for a lot of that info not worrying too much if it goes on big discount down the road. Then if something I was interested in or mildly wanted goes on clearance (like Sell Out), I'll grab it.

latheofheaven and Shawn like this.
  2. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I just paid $100 for this box set through Rough Trade's sale (and it's en-route to me now)...

Olafur Arnalds' 'Re:member' - 4LP deluxe box set. It always seemed expensive to me for what you get, but there are four LP's inside and a fair amount of unique material.

Big price drop from a third-party, free-shipping seller on Amazon to $76.61. Caveats: 1) seller is in France; 2) Feedback is sketchy, but might be related to slow shipping, which is to be expected perhaps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VSJGYY1

3. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

I never have an issue paying retail on albums I love to get them one day one as I got burned on the 40th Anniversary Live at Leed’s set that went OOP way too fast (i.e. I missed it due to a hard year taking care of family matters.) That said, I love that this forum exists for getting discounts on albums I ‘like’ and also finding artists I was not familiar with. You all have turned me on to awesome new music dozens of times over the past few years.

I had original bought an Amazon warehouse copy of The Who Sell Out for like $68 last month, but returned it due to the white bag of death shipping - it came smushed - so it was awesome to reminded here. I just re-purchased a new copy of less ($63.32 as of this post.)

latheofheaven, Echoes71, SJP and 2 others like this.
  4. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

And my purchase made it drop to $63.10 courtesy of Amazon’s weird ass price analytics.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Ella's Xmas album is down to $23.99 right now. This is the Acoustic Sounds Series release. I have literally no interest in owning holiday music on vinyl that's not belted out by Mariah Carey but this seems like a nice price to add a well-made piece of vinyl to Ella collection:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099C8F4QJ/

6. I have this release, it’s excellent with great sound and pressing quality. Worth getting for Ella and holiday music fans, a truly classic album of the genre.

dasacco, hutlock, Dignan2000 and 2 others like this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

8. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yeah. I remember Latheofheaven telling me how he missed out on that Leo Sayer album once...

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :doh:

(and it was Jim Neighbors...)

hutlock, JorgeGvb and aoxomoxoa like this.
  11. Nabors ---- ;)

(or did you mean to spell it like that?) :hide:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    latheofheaven, JorgeGvb and aoxomoxoa like this.
  12. latheofheaven

Oh man... :disgust:

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's... different. i still think an original cut by RL is best, but both this and the MFSL are also nice alternatives if you're a fan of this album.

14. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

It's a remix so it should be different. I'm looking forward to hearing this. Thanks for the post.

15. This is still sitting there at $19.99. I ordered and received mine the other day - awesome album and free from any pressing defects. It was shipped in a cardboard LP mailer in the dreaded white plastic bag but arrived free from shipping damage.

IMO a great LP well worth getting at this price point.

16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

This is one of like 5 XMas albums I own. Love it. But then Ella could sing the dictionary…

elsanto, Shawn, GentleSenator and 3 others like this.
  17. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to avoid re-buys but pulled the trigger at this price. Already had original U.S. Album and CD plus had bought the new the new Bluray/CD deluxe edition. Quick question, copy I received was not shrink wrapped. Wondering if this is how everyone is receiving this album.

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Mine was shrink wrapped.

The price seems to have bottomed out at $36.26 and is still available.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  19. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Couldn’t pass on Fugazi for $36.26. Was torn over the Blu-ray or LP set. Went LP. Nice price indeed. Thank to OP.

20. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

I've had it since release. Its an amazing record...just sent a copy to my cuz because the price is so right...may buy a backup copy too as i did with Now He Sings, Now He Sobs, which went down to 16.50 july 2020.

latheofheaven and Shawn like this.
  21. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

22. aoxomoxoa

23. aoxomoxoa

24. latheofheaven

I just listened to mine yesterday, I think it is the first Tone Poet that I have. I was quite impressed with the album and the sound quality, especially the dynamics of the drums are very good!

You know, it is extremely rare and only happens once in a great while, but I must say that this time @aoxomoxoa actually had a good idea posting this album :righton:

aoxomoxoa, TerpStation and Shawn like this.
  25. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Well, its the kind of record, you shag it once you just want to shag it again, and again and again when its 19 bucks! :tiphat: