Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

Politely, gray market release.
    In plain language ... they are bootleggers.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I had it ordered at that price. But canceled after researching the source material. Turns out a lot of it is studio and other live material (from other venues), added to the fact that it's an Italian grey market label, decided not to bother.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

They are? Ah, feel free to delete/disregard, then.

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Well, I gave one set to a friend who loves Garth, sold one set via FB Marketplace for $30 to a gal who loves Garth, and kept a set that, 7 months later, hasn't been opened. So yea, I got my money's worth in one sense of the word

Shawn, Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yeah, but Einstein would put Schrodinger's Cat in with your album, so that until you open it, you won't know if you get the album or the Cat :D

FWatty, JasonA and aoxomoxoa like this.
  6. latheofheaven

Bro, if you are gonna use big words like calumny and numpty, you really are gonna hafta go somewhere else, because all us Boneheads won't have a frigg'n clue as to what you are talk'n about... :shake:

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

What thread is this?
    :confused:

Adam6437, johnny q, riverrat and 2 others like this.
  8. latheofheaven

Okay... Some DEALS for all you fellow Numptys (ies?) out there (with the exception of @Comicsanstombstone of course - Is Peter Tork even still alive... Man, how time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was downloading killer pictures of Anna Nicole Smith. ...Oh... *cough... Uh, it was just yesterday... o_O ahem... well, I digress...)

BASTILLE - Wild World (Coloured vinyl 2-LP Amazon edition)
    $29.57 PRIME ONE-DAY

https://www.amazon.com/World-Amazon-Exclusive-White-Vinyl/dp/B01HQZY96M

THE MARS VOLTA - Tremulant Glow in the Dark $10.89 PRIME
    https://www.amazon.com/Tremulant-Glow-Dark-Vinyl-Volta/dp/B09QFY8ZWG/

BEASTIE BOYS - Aglio E Olio $15.99 (20% Off) PRIME
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PNN6LGH

(Newbury Comics) TOBACCO - Hot Wet & Sassy
    (Magenta swirl vinyl exclusive) $11.99

Hot Wet & Sassy Exclusive LP

(Newbury Comics) COMMON - A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 1
    (Sort of a Red/Orange w/Black swirl vinyl exclusive) $9.99

A Beautiful Revolution (Part 1) Exclusive LP

KACEY MUSGRAVES - Star Crossed (Surprise Colour) $10.00 PRIME
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D8CFLXW/

9. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I used to have an original, near mint and complete. I sold it back in the 80's. It's one of many LPs I regret selling, though I did get a good price for it at the time.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yes, yes. we all know. trust me. that's why i have like ninety of these sets at this point.

11. latheofheaven

Admitting you have a problem is the first step... :agree:

Shawn and hutlock like this.
  12. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

That Kasey Musgraves listing for $10.00 is interesting.

Firstly, this is for Variant #3, not #2 like we saw advertised last week. Moreover, this listing shows "In Stock", the other listing is still backordered.

It makes sense to cancel my earlier order and re-order Variant 3 for immediate delivery, but I am getting a variety of error messages about my address. I've tried several, including Amazon lockers, but cannot get an order to go through.

Hmmm .....

superstar19 likes this.
  13. latheofheaven

Just shagged this 2-LP set from these guys on Amazon. There's this guy on YouTube who posts full albums of this kind of stuff. You're not gonna hafta change your pants or anything, but it is a nice blend of styles and I think pretty well put together. You have your slow Doomy sound, some of it builds kind of like Hawkwind, some of it sounds like King Gizzard, some of it sounds like Dead Can Dance, some of it sounds like Pink Floyd, etc.

Notice on the page that the offered price is about $35, but if you check all for sale, other new PRIME copies start at $21. I don't know why it defaults to the higher price.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquarius-Gatefold-Villagers-Ioannina-City/dp/B084DGFQ56/

Here is the full album if you wanna scan through it:

[​IMG]

Ivand, aperfecttool, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  14. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I listened to the YouTube and liked it so went to the Amazon page. I did find the one sold and shipped by Amazon for $21.98, but it showed it temporarily out of stock. Perhaps that is why it is not showing it as the default choice. Placed an order for it, so hopefully it will come back in stock soon. :)

15. latheofheaven

Ah... Must've been my Ohio genes acting up there, makes sense. My order showed that they will let me know when it ships. I guess I just ASSumed that it was a pre-release o_O

***EDIT

Oh, I see... The $35 one IS in stock from that seller I guess, that's what threw me... Amazon USED to show the full page of all sellers so you could see all the details, but now when you click on other sellers or all sellers, just a pop-up at the right shows WITHOUT any details. The older version I think would've shown the $21 one out of stock, but with this abbreviated format, you don't see that.

hutlock, aoxomoxoa and neubian like this.
  16. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

At least I got an mp3 download link (for the car ride maybe)...:laugh:

hutlock, Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.
  17. latheofheaven

I will pretend I didn't see that...

Actually, the first thing I'm gonna do now, is put my pants on... But, after that, I'm gonna try and find and download their discography in FLAC so I can check it out :)

hutlock and neubian like this.
  18. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Only in the car!:D

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me just now, which is a bummer.

This happened before when I tried to order The Shins ‘Chutes Too Narrow’ a few months back. I kept getting the “Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.” With The Shins I clicked the ‘Save for Later’ option and just kept checking every few days. After a couple weeks of the address error codes it finally let me get an order in though the price went up a buck (better then now as it’s only available from third party sellers at double the price.)

The bad thing about the Star-Crossed variant is that there is no ‘Save for Later’ button this time.

20. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

21. DapperGentleman

I see Kacey's $10.00 at Walmart, with delivery by February 1. I haven't investigated further.

[​IMG]

22. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

When I first saw this listing, I actually thought it was on white vinyl with question marks embedded, and I thought that was really cool. When I realized it was just a mystery color...less cool.

24. DapperGentleman

I was able to order Kacey's Variant 3 from Amazon finally for $10.00 with Prime shipping. It is showing backordered though now, like Variant 2.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

The forthcoming Ornette Coleman "Genesis of Genius: The Contemporary Albums" from Craft Recordings has been dropping down and hopping back up a bit all day today, but is now sitting at about $10 less than ordering direct from Craft which has it listed at $75:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z2TG6V7