Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. RadiophonicSound

RadiophonicSound Electrosonic

Waiting also to see if my Sylvian LP arrives, they're telling me it won't arrive till June 9, so we will see. Also, today I received a copy of Wilco's Cruel Country on CD, shipped from Connecticut with an Amazon UK shipping notice inside. I never ordered this, and there's no order it was mistaken for, based on the order number. Kind of a weird screw up on their part.

latheofheaven, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  2. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

3. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

4. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  5. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Yeah I thought this has been OOP for a while now. The mystery deepens.

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. No Blue Skies

No Blue Skies Forum Resident

It's the CD version that's currently on Amazon, right?

7. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

Yes, I don’t think they have made this on vinyl that I’m aware of but could be wrong

8. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Yes, it's the CD box.

9. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

Got the CD instead of the vinyl

10. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Shoot, I got the CD too. And it came bouncing around in an LP-sized box.

11. Timothy Fiacco

Timothy Fiacco Captain Coconut

Thanks for letting us know about this, I have been wanting this set for a long time. I am surprised that Amazon has this in stock, or that they are even carrying this - I thought it was a dead.net exclusive.

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well that's a new one. bummer!

13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Keith Richards LP Main Offender (red vinyl) $13.99
    Amazon.com

[​IMG]

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Gonna give this a try & hope it's not pressed off center , i tried the black a few months back & that certainly was .............. some say this is , we'll see .............. thanks :righton:

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  15. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

That was to trick you into thinking it was the LP. ;)

16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Let us know. The black one was a bummer

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I ordered this a year ago, red vinyl, big gouge at the end of one side. My second copy great tho. Such a good album it's worth the possible return hassle

18. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I've always preferred it to the more celebrated Talk Is Cheap, but I'm sure that puts me in the minority! :laugh:

Davidmk5, DLD and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Roxy Music Manifesto Half-Speed Master currently $16.41 and some of the other Roxy Half-Speeds are currently $20.49 and less!

Amazon.com

20. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I prefer it as well. Side 1 is gold

21. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Norwegian folk group. Rune Walle & Gunn Alstadhaug – Byrdie's Dream. Melodic Americana country style music, with lots of harmonies and a soaring female vocalist. One song cops an entire chord structure from a Big Star song. Just one copy for sale on Discogs, and they're asking $55 over there. Amazon has it for $15.74 shipped.
    Amazon.com

====================================
    A few Amazon Warehouse finds:

Kelsey Waldon is a modern 'honky-tonk' country singer. She's on John Prine's label, her album in "VG" condition is just $6.74 shipped
    Amazon.com

1980's UK indie pop group The Chesterfields reformed and made a new record in 2022 . It features a-guy-from-The-Loft, which is an endorsement for me. "Like New' for $7.34 shipped
    Amazon.com

Nathan Micay is a young electronic composer who did the soundtrack album for an HBO series called 'Industry'. It's bouncy electronica with lots of sequencers (you know, the sound of 'Industry'). There are some spoken-word overlays from the series, but I actually enjoyed them. Just $7.82 in "VG" condition:
    https://www.amazon.com/Industry-OST-Nathan-Micay/dp/B092D7YKY9

Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead has done several soundtrack albums. The soundtrack to Power Of The Dog has fared poorly on Amazon, with a continuous slow slide in price. The warehouse has a "Like New" copy for $7.82. It's really really good, IMO.
    Amazon.com

Nightlands is one of those one-man-indie-electropop projects, but he's survived for four albums. AND it's on the cool Western Vinyl label, which I enjoy. His latest 2022 album is $7.90 in "Like New" condition, and worth a consideration:
    Amazon.com

If you collect ambient / electronica / world music stuff, you probably have Blue States CD's in your collection. He's been around for 20+ years, and he released a new album in 2022. In Like New condition for $9.76.
    Amazon.com

==================================

I found this album over the weekend and wanted to spend a little time with it. It's not my normal style of music. But, perhaps you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

This is a fingerstyle acoustic guitarist named Matthew J. Rolin. It turns out he's been around for years, releasing music privately and on a smaller label. He's got limited editions; he's got colored vinyl; he's got stuff that's gotten expensive on Discogs. He's got an album with a 20-minute song.

His latest album is called Passing, and it took me back instantly to a Windham Hill album I enjoyed a great deal, David Qualey's Soliloquy. At that time, everybody compared Qualey to John Fahey (as they do Matthew J. Rolin, btw), although Rolin is also referenced with Jim O'Rourke's breakthrough 'indie' solo guitar album 'Bad Timing' from 1997. I remember Jeff Tweedy of Wilco mentioned this a couple of times in interviews I read.

Passing is cheap today at Amazon, just $12.25 shipped. (Trouble is, when you want to buy the rest of his catalog, it's complicated and expensive. Oh, well ...)
    Amazon.com

This is an older video, the song is not on Passing but gives you a sense of the player and the music:

zphage, mur, DocSara1961 and 14 others like this.
  22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Repress from 2009 on Strut Records, worth picking up while you can
    Mulatu Astatqe - New York - Addis - London 2lp set
    $25.14

23. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Nothing But the Blues
    Super Deluxe Edition

$61.99

24. Scott Barry

Scott Barry Forum Resident

It’s a very good release. Any live Clapton during this period is. However, it seriously lacks any type of cohesion. His complete shows from the nothing but the blues tour, were phenomenal. The Setlist's were carefully curated to present a history of the blues.

I took all the songs from this set, and combined them with all of the official and unofficial releases from the Fillmore concerts to create a full concert experience. I even added a few of the songs that were swapped out. Yawza!

I wouldn’t listen any other way. It is phenomenal.

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Interesting. How do they press an album with one side gold and the other black?