Good price on Elton John's Greatest Hits DCC gold

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by mindblanking, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King Thread Starter

2. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

The seller is Go Hastings - you're likely to get the standard CD, not a DCC.

3. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

or something manufactured in Russia .. I did with Freudiana

4. Lunna

Lunna Forum Resident

Whether intentionally or otherwise, GoHastings has pulled that stunt on me two or three times. I don't go near them anymore for that reason ...

5. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

That was cheap. $24.77

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

But was it the DCC? :whistle:

7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I picked up a "DCC" on Ebay super cheap which turned out to be a standard issue MCA. It turned out the seller relied on Ebay's system for the details and the barcode she input led to it's being listed as a DCC. As there weren't 't any item specific photos I couldn't tell that it was the regular release, and didn't bother to ask to be sure. She refunded me in full and let me keep the disc which was far more than I was hoping for.

Last week I saw a Cars a Greatest Hits DCC also listed super low and like the EJ Hits not including actual Seller photos. I wrote the Seller to check, sure enough Ebay had turned his standard issue CD into a DCC and he didn't 't know the difference. I suggested that he update his listing pronto or the ultimate Buyer was going to be annoyed when they didn't receive a DCC.

8. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

I bought the Hoffman Mastered Cream Wheels Of Fire gold DCC set on eBay. I received a BMG Club edition. The seller then argued with me about accepting a return (essentially calling me a liar a few times) until I had to open a case. I won the case but the seller was able to have my negative feedback removed, almost certainly because I mentioned the word "gold" which was not specifically used in the auction description.

Now I'm going to want to see photos or email the seller like you did. It's the wild wild west out there.

9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Yes, photos are key here. I think anyone selling one of these audiophile discs who understands the value of what they're selling is going to post a full array of pictures. I'll never bid on one of those blind DCC or MFSL CD auctions again without sending a question to the Seller. BTW, I just got the DCC Wheels if Fire on Ebay last week for only $42; a lucky find and it sounds so much better than my mid-70s RSO LP.

10. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Not to rub it in, but I got lucky here in the Classifieds and picked one up for $40 shipped. :cheers: Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.