Got My Music Hall MMF-5 Turntable!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Joe Koz, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam Thread Starter

As some of you know, I purchased a Music Hall MMF-5, from fellow forum member Prix. I would like to thank Prix for a great price and a smooth and fast transaction in buying the turntable. I hope to do more business with him in the future.

I received the turntable Tuesday afternoon. By the next morning I had the MMF-5 set up to my liking. Ive been playing everything from the Beatles to Tom Jones! :p This turntable plays beautifully and is build like a tank. I seen photos of this turntable on various inter-net web sites and in music magazines and I got to tell you, the photos do not do, this table justice. This table is build as good as any other tables I've seen for twice the money.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the table, and I see a lot of needle drops in the near future!

Thanks once again, Prix. It was a pleasure to do business with you. :thumbsup:

2. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Have fun, Joe! :)

3. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Joe,

Happy vinyl hunting, cleaning and playing! :nauga: :nauga: :nauga:

4. Joe Koz

Thanks guys! Vinyl hunting is have the fun, and the cleaning and playing, is the other half!

5. audio

audio New Member

Right on, Joe!:thumbsup: Thank you as well!! I'm very glad you're happy. I think the MMF-5 may be the best buy in the industry in terms of how much table to get for the price. I reallly love them. BTW, got your phone message......feel free to ring me back if you have any more questions.

6. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member

I've had my MMF-5 for a couple of weeks now and it's rare that it's not spinning... :D

In fact, it's spinning right now! What a shock!

Anyway, make sure you don't rely on the bubble level on the plinth. I used it when I initially set up the table and then at the advice of prix and a few others I put a level on the platter and strangely I had to switch ALL of the shims I used under the feet to the opposite feet. So the bubble level was about 180 degrees out of whack.

7. Joe Koz

MITBeta,
    Thanks to your thread a couple of weeks ago I avoided all that, with the leveling. I have a 9 or a 10" level that I used. I not only checked the level of the rack its on, but the table it self. I got a lot out of the thread, that you started the other week.

I've been dragging out vinyl I forgot I had!!! :p I'll tell you, these tables look and play like tables twice their amount. I'm more than happy with my purchase. I'm sure you are, also!

8. Danny

Danny Senior Member

Congrats on your new table Joe!

9. Joe Koz

Thanks, Danny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.