Gram Parsons

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NealW, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NealW

NealW New Member Thread Starter

saw a CD today which is unusual (as in i haven't seen it before) Gram Parsons and the grevious Angels Live - seems to have been some sort of Radio broadcast and the Cd has been put out by Rhino. has anyone listened to this? is it any good and whats the sound quality like. the mention use of digital fibre something or other which made me wonder. i've always enjoyed "sweetheart of the rodeo" with the Byrds.

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Great sound...

great music!

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

There have been 2-3 releases of that particular live recording. The Rhino is about as good as any and is the one most readily available anyway. That concert recording would sound good on an AM radio with poor reception. Pick it up if you get a chance.

P.S. I think the band was called the Fallen Angels as opposed to the Grievous Angels - although the latter was the title of album that they released subsequent to the tour.

Regards,

4. NealW

NealW New Member Thread Starter

sorry yes fallen angels... bit of a slip. so you are saying the quality isn't bad.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It is a good recording of a great performance mastered adequately. How's that? :)

Regards,

6. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I recommend it. There's very little live Gram available, especially of this sound quality. I've had three copies, one vinyl and two CD's. Remember that Emmylou Harris is on vocals, too.:love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.