Great Movies To Put With Your Criterions (But On A Separate Shelf)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BILLONEEG, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member Thread Starter

I think other movies should get some attention because they're deluxe, restored, or rediscovered in
    a vault & brought back to enjoy. These are some examples of what I've recently acquired & added to
    my library.: Georgy Girl (Indicator) / Hawaii (Twilight Time) / Judgement At Nuremberg (Kino
    Lorber) / Singing Guns (Kino Lorber) / Take A Girl Like You (Twilight Time) / The Knack & How
    To Get It (Kino Lorber) / To Sir With Love (Indicator) / Tomorrow Is Forever (Classic Flix) / You
    Only Live Once (Classic Flix)
    [​IMG]

2. BILLONEEG

Here's three more I recently added to my library. Criterion is a great company restoring & releasing a
    lot of great films. Other companies like the ones releasing these films deserve a little limelight too &
    we all benefit by knowing these gems are available. My three new additions are: Experiment In Terror
    (Indicator) / The Detective (Twilight Time) / Young At Heart (Olive Films).
    [​IMG]

3. BILLONEEG

Five more gems added recently to my library:
    Not As A Stranger (Kino Classics) - I never heard of it but bought it because of the cast. A great film!
    Pretty Poison (Twilight Time) - Recommended by a friend & I'm glad I got it.
    Sarah T. (Shout! Factory) - A great TV movie! I'm hoping they do all of Linda Blair's TV movies!
    The General & Three Ages (Kino Classics/Lobster Films) - Kino & Lobster did a beautiful job on these & I'm glad I have them!
    The Barefoot Contessa (Twilight Time) - Another great Bogart film added to my library!

If anyone here is enjoying the great reissues by these companies, let us know & let us know the companies that are doing them. Thank you!

[​IMG]

4. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Man, to think how cheaply some of those titles were released in my part of the world (if even!), with artwork nobody would want to see on a shelf. The UK, France and you guys over in the states really know how to handle classic movies on home video these days...

Edit: this was the german artwork for "To Sir, With Love". Enough said...

[​IMG]

5. BILLONEEG

"Sunshine" & "The Noose Hangs High" - I saw "Sunshine when it
    first aired on TV & I was very much blown away & in tears. Thanks
    to Twilight Time, we all can visit (or revisit this heartwarming film.
    "The Noose Hangs High" is an MGM film by Abbott & Costello that
    I've never seen & I am so happy that Classic Flix released this film
    for us all to enjoy. I know I will! These definitely belong alongside
    the Criterion library on any shelf. They may not have the bonus
    content like Criterion includes but the titles are here for us to enjoy.
    Both highly recommended!
    [​IMG]

6. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

[​IMG]

I have a pretentious movie club where I only show movies that are or were a part of the Criterion Collection, with Colossal being the only exception thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.