Great, Unbelievable experience w Amazon

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vinny123, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny123

Vinny123 Forum Resident Thread Starter

About a week ago I got delivered two SVS SB 1000 subs. Turns out one of them is malfunctioning. Turns off even during loud music. So I get online to Amazon and go through the steps to try to print a return label. I get a prompt to call them before I can print a return label. So I end up talking to a rep who tells me they are going to refund the account and I don’t need to return the subwoofer and can do w it as I wish. I asked the rep to repeat what she said just to be sure I heard this correctly. I even called back later and spoke to a different ‘concierge rep’ and got the same story along w a confirmation e mail. Then I placed a new order for a new sub. I’m pretty shocked at all this. I buy a lot of stuff fr Amazon but would have been more than willing to pack it back up and ship it back. I spoke to a couple of people w similar stories. I never would have expected this.

2. Vinny123

Not to be greedy, well I guess it might be, but I wonder if SVS would fix the bad sub. Maybe a new plate amp that I could install. The sub is only a week old.

3. mace

mace Forum Resident

Have had Amazon do this on several items I have tried to return. Of course, nothing at this level.:righton:

4. Vinny123

I’m really surprised. Can’t get over it.

hvbias and mace like this.
  5. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

The best customer service time and time again in my experience as well and I hear the same thing from numerous people I know. There is a reason I have heavily invested in Amazon for a long time :)

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

they pretty much do this for me if something is broke/wrong item.
    but be careful, last time they sent me the complete wrong record told me keep it and sent me the right one then later charged me for the replacement saying i never sent back the first one.
    i had to do a chat with support and they fixed it for me, but just keep an eye out.

7. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

I've generally had great service with Amazon UK. Case in point - they went through their copies of the Tull Brick CD + DVD set until they found one for me with a corrected DVD (the first one they'd sent me had been from the original faulty batch).

Now that is service :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.