Greta Van Fleet...Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tree of Life, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I watched some live songs on YT. Horrible, I can't stand to this boring copycats.

Northwind likes this.
  2. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

I’d never heard them before tonight. Was curious about them, having read the very beginning of this thread. They looked and sounded awkward. And people here have stated they are better live?

Northwind likes this.
  3. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Every bad rock and roll cliche on full display. Embarrassing.

Northwind and Smartin62 like this.
  4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

This sounds very Your Time Is Gonna Come-like.

5. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Bilbo Baggins fronting a trainwreck parody of a 70s hard rock band is something I never thought I’d live to see, but here we are.

6. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

I watched the Fallon number, not as bad as I expected. Quite amusing. A lot better than the litany of garbage paraded around nowadays trying to pass off as music. And Pitchdork despise them, so they're OK by me.

Rodant Kapoor likes this.
  7. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

A bunch of youngsters playing real instruments and having fun. I really don’t get the downer, (regardless of influences).

8. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Anout 10 years or so a band called wolfmother came out and that first album was very zepplin like. The difference was it was infused with just enough indie and originality to actually be quite good. I assumed this new band was going to be similar to that but not even close. GVF sound like a zepplin cover band. Good news for them is rock is so dead in the mainstream that being a bunch of pre 20 somethings and sounding like a khaki and sweater vest version of zep is good enough to rise to stardom. I wish I was in GVF getting 40 page threads on SHF and SNL appearances.

OldSoul likes this.
  9. Yikers Island. That song is ill-conceived...and ill-performed. A yodelfest with meth'd out acoustic strumming and cliche boring drumming.

10. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I didn't want to say it but I'm glad someone did.

11. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I’d heard of this band? Girl singer? for quite some time but never investigated. Finally saw them on SNL last night and was amused. I can’t imagine they ever really thought people outside of Frankenmuth, Michigan would ever know who they were. I have to give them credit for doing their thing, it must have been fun to be in a bar there and this band comes on, it would have made it a good night out.

12. James F. Hassan

James F. Hassan Forum Resident

You are spot on my man, couldn't have said it better.

tmtomh likes this.
  13. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

14. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

:laughup::laughup::laughup:

Northwind likes this.
  15. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

The dungarees reminded me of this, although he doesn't look as bad as Daltrey did...

[​IMG]

16. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Playing real instruments is good, but it’s not enough. If I tried to make a movie, I doubt anyone would say “well, at least he shot it on film.”

17. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Let’s not get carried away.

DHamilton likes this.
  18. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

It's enough if you like the music, and not enough if you don't. Same with any group really.

19. Hey, at least he isn't shrieking "buhbuhbuhbabybabybabybaby!!!" and copying Plant's Janis Joplin impersonation.

20. They've incorporated everything that was bad about Led Zeppelin, but lack the talent to make the comparison valid.

DHamilton and Dr. Mudd like this.
  21. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I want to like them. I admire that they want to bring back (or at least shine a light on) Rock music of a certain era. But I simply don't like their playing, singing or writing. I've heard a couple tracks that aren't bad, being a Zep fan...but that SNL performance. Wow, that was just bad on every level.

Dr. Mudd and crossroads69 like this.
  22. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

It may be “cliche” only to people over the age of 30. That leaves about a third of the population to simply accept it on its face.

Davido likes this.
  23. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Wow, some people’s reasoning for liking them is that they at least play “real instruments.” Pretty sad. Because people who create electronic music merely “push buttons.”

24. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Songs are important.

Davido and Diamond Dog like this.
  25. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

That's why I think they're alright.

BertDert and Steve M. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.