Guess Who comps--which one?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by guy incognito, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Of the many best-of compilations from the Guess Who that have been released on CD, which is the preferred choice from a sound quality standpoint? Best of the Guess Who? Greatest of the Guess Who? Track Record? Greatest Hits? The Ultimate Collection?

Any advice will, of course, be much appreciated. ;)

2. Kym

Kym Former Resident

I like the Greatest Hits CD from a couple of years back. In comparison to Track Record and The Greatest Of The Guess Who, it sounds the cleanest. I'm not sure if the remastering is the same as The Ultimate Collection, which some criticized for its ear-bleeding highs.

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I have a copy of "The Guess Who Greatest Hits". 18 tracks, 1999 RCA release. The cover is below.

"These Eyes" sounds pretty good me on this release. I've heard a lot of people complain about the Guess Who masters. I have to tell you that these sound better than many other late 60's-70's bands to me.

I saw them last Summer on their reunion tour. Great show!

Attached Files:

4. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I have "Track Record" "Best of the Guess Who" "Best of the Guess Who vol. 2" OOP CANADIAN CD) and all the Budah remasters of the original releases.
    For the compilations I always pull out my old original RCA "Best of" CD from the 80's.
    This disc sounds Great!
    Usually not the case for most early RCA cds.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.