Haaaaaaaaaaa,What In Your Personal Opinion Is The Worst Movie-Ever?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Luvtemps, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

Re Dune, I think we must forever mourn the loss of Jodorowsky’s nine-hour version with Salvador Dali and music by Henry Cow, Magma and Pink Floyd.

unclesalty, Claus LH and 93curr like this.
  2. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Worst film I’ve ever seen: Wayne’s World.

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Great film.

polchik and Uther like this.
  4. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Shaaaaa.....riiiight.

caracallac, Damiano54 and GodShifter like this.
  5. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I really rate that - sleazy and unremittingly unpleasant but a great lead performance from Joe Spinell and amazing on location footage of 1979 New York.

6. What did you make of the arty remake starring Elijah Wood and told from a first-person perspective? While it's no classic it worked better than I'd expected, although it was overlong and left a few narrative threads dangling.

7. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

I just watched 2/3 of Alita:Battle Angel. I can't think of another movie that was more boring, confusing and dumb so today I'll vote for it. Very easy to turn off during the climatic ending.

caracallac and vince like this.
  8. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Does the weather change drastically at the end?

9. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

Hotel Transylvania. I watched it in the cinema with my kids, so had no choice but to sit through. Oddly, the sequel was no worse than average.

10. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......!!

11. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

This movie had no weather. It also had no gravity (physical or emotional).

12. parman

parman Music Junkie

I haven't heard of this version, it sounds......interesting

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I actually worked on that a little bit, and when the editor came in I said, "wow, I can't wait to see this!" And he said, oh, you're a fan of the comic book? I said "yes," and he told me I was gonna hate it. He was right. Unwatchable by humans or ducks.

Matrix 3, I'll agree with you -- it's pretty bad. I thought the first Matrix was actually fairly good because it was so new and unexpected. I watched the "shoot out scene" a few months ago and thought it held up very well, 20 years after it was filmed.

The worst movie I've ever worked on -- only a little bit -- was Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill, where he plays a twin brother and sister. Absolutely horrible, unfunny, awful, a complete and utter waste of time. I felt very sorry for the people that had to put the trailers together, because they were desperately trying to pretend it was good, using the best 2 seconds or 3 seconds here and there to create TV trailers that actually might make audiences laugh. They were not successful.

14. Slackhurst Broadcasting

It was never actually made, sadly. There's a documentary about it, Jodorowsky's Dune, which came out a couple of years ago.

polchik and parman like this.
  15. klaw

klaw Forum Resident

re: Maniac (1980)
    Exactly! I was gonna mention Spinell too. A shame he almost always had such minor roles...
    And I love movies shot in 70s/80s NY. What a run-down sh.t hole - parts of the city were practically in ruins! It is so fascinating to me... I’m sure you know Vigilante by the same director, also shot in NYC and with a small part by Spinell.

But I get it. Maniac is definitely not for everybody... Sorta like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer with Michael Rooker.

16. klaw

klaw Forum Resident

Surprised to see Scarface (1983) mentioned here! I love that one! Totally over the top. And Pacino is hilarious. “Come ooon pelican!” hahaha!

17. moops

moops Senior Member

I recently watched SPHERE ......... Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone & Samuel L Jackson ......... what a piece of sh_t.

That gets my vote for now.

Spastica, Simon A and SandAndGlass like this.
  18. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets. I remember a few other very bad movies but can't recall their titles. But Valerian is the most recent one I saw. And I usually like things from Luc Besson

vince likes this.
  19. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Amen to that.

20. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

It's a shame because it's arguably Crichton's best novel. The film is a disgrace.

Spastica likes this.
  21. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Also, 82 million dollar film with oscar winning director and actors. To me, THIS is the type of film deserving of a title like "worst."

Simon A and SandAndGlass like this.
  22. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

The Man who fell to earth.

To be fair, there are a lot of really bad movies out there. Hundreds of thousands. I tried to keep it to those that are relatively famous.

23. moops

moops Senior Member

I can't believe that someone, somewhere, sat and watched the final product and thought it was good enough to release.

82 million ?!! :faint:

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Sleepaway Camp

....if you saw the last scene, you understand.

25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

"Jack and Jill" with Adam Sandler; the worst movie in his filmography and that's saying something.

SandAndGlass and Bluesman Mark like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.