Happy Happy Birthday Baby?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khorn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Looking at an old local Radio Weekly Hit List from here in Toronto (CHUM November 11, 1957) and noticed one song that I can't get out of my head now.

The title is Happy Happy Birthday Baby. As it's one of the top forty and they only list the artists for the top ten so I'd like to find out who they are, it's a female vocal lead.

If you know who this is and, any availability on CD, I would appreciate you passing the info on

tnx

2. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

A favorite song ...

According to Joel Whitburn, the Tune Weavers included Margo Sylvia (lead), husband Joe Sylvia (bass), Gilbert Lopez (Margo's brother, tenor) and Charlotte Davis (Margo's cousin) and recorded for Checker.

I would think that it's readily available on CD, but which one has the best sound is the question.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: Re: Happy Happy Birthday Baby?

Well, naturally, the best sounding version would be on the MCA CD Vintage Music Vol. 3 (or the double-length Vols. 3/4), mastered by Steve Hoffman!

4. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

Just 2 weeks ago I found a stunningly MINT 78rpm copy of that on Checker. I'd rather play that any day than a cheezy cd. The record had it's original jacket and appears to -never- have been played. I live for finds like that;)

5. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Good for you ... I know the feeling.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.