Has anyone hear Little Feat with the new lineup?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Feat77, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Feat77

Feat77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The best the band has sounded since the Lowell era. Scott Sharrard (formerly of Greg Allman’s band) absolutely kills the vocals. You can tell singing and playing lead guitar with Feat was his dream. And Tony Leone plays Richie’s style spot on. I love Paul Barrere. I got to know him as a person and he was a great guy and I miss him but I’m so glad that Bill is now able to take Feat back to where he wanted them. As a major touring act.

2. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

In honor of the anniversary of their album Waiting For Columbus, the Feat recorded a PBS fundraising special. I was able to catch it on one of our local PBS stations a couple months ago. The band sounds great, to be sure. Check your PBS listings, do a bit of searching, and hopefully you'll be able to catch the concert.

420JJJazz666 and lazydawg58 like this.
  3. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

Not bad. I prefer Craig!

4. Feat77

Craig was great, but I get a sense that getting a couple of younger dudes in the band was intended for longevity’s sake and keeping the legacy alive.

5. RC1

RC1 Forum Resident

This lineup is fantastic! Saw then for the 4th time this year last night

lazydawg58 likes this.
  6. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I've loved every lineup, each had their own special qualities. This lineup sounds great. I hope they will record an album of new material.....and put it out on vinyl.

7. Cleveland-Rocks

Cleveland-Rocks Active Member

Current lineup sounds great! Saw them in Akron, Ohio earlier this year. Am going to see them again this coming April. Scott and Tony are great additions to the band for sure.

8. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Do they have any NEW MUSIC out?

9. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Saw them three times, Columbus, Cincy, Akron. WFC 45th.

The shows were all great- the best songs and truly stellar playing.

I miss the heck out of Paul. Loved what he brought to the band and one of my favorite guitar players, also thought he had great stage presence.

I'm glad they are continuing because when they do finish, this music will be hard to come by live. I've seen Floyd tributes and Dead tributes. Doors, Beatles, Prince, Bowie, Allmans, Elvis Stones etc... Never seen a Little Feat tribute band. SO the official band needs to go as long as possible.

Planning on the Lorain show in April. I really hope the current band makes new music. I also hope the post Lowell catalog is not ignored. One thing I loved about the band in the 90s and early 2000s was that they played a decent amount of their newer stuff. I rarely got the sense that I was seeing an oldies act.

Heck, the 98 Cleveland show contained nothing but post Lowell stuff except for the Dixie Chicken encore. They were touring Under the Radar, my favorites post LG record.

Hope they make a record that sits comfortably in the catalog, but whether or not they do, this band will continue to have my love and support.

Panama Hotel likes this.
  10. I saw them in 2010 after Richie Hayward just died and was a bit disappointed. Missed not only Lowell George and Richie Hayward but even Shaun Murphy who was a great addition to the band's sound in the 90s and 00s. How does this line up compare to that?

11. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I believe Rooster Rag was the last album.

MYQ1 likes this.
  12. reddyempower

I slightly prefer the 90s lineup. I liked Shaun with the band, and I’ve always loved Paul’s guitar, voice and cool cat attitude. Ritchie was a beast and I liked the multiple vocalist format.

mdekoning likes this.
  13. Jeff Brocklebank

Jeff Brocklebank Forum Resident

Paul is missed. But I think Tony Leone is a much better fit as drummer than Gabe Ford was. I also like the vocals better with Sharrard and Leone to when they had Shaun Murphy.

mdekoning likes this.
  14. Feat77

From what I’ve heard there’s new music on the way.

MikaelaArsenault, RC1 and carlwm like this.
  15. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

I'd be up for a new album! :righton:

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  16. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

It's long overdue.

17. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

They played near me a year ago or so but it was a week night & I've never been much impressed with that Scott guy on guitar.

18. reddyempower

I posted this in the other thread but Nugs subs get free livestream tonight at 8.

19. Plano

Plano If you like moderation you’ll love excess

Saw them in San Francisco a month or so ago - they’re still a great live band.

RC1 likes this.