Have to move to an apartment ;(( Need help!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by F1fletch, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Evicted !:laugh:

2. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

I'm also curious about the levels most of us are listening to music. I just downloaded a decibel meter app and took some measurements. For me, 80db is plenty loud, and just about my ideal volume irrespective of the fact that I live in an apartment.

clercqie likes this.
  3. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I am anywhere between 70-80db and 75 is my happy level.

Encore likes this.
  4. clercqie

clercqie Forum Resident

I guess it depends on level and lowest bass frequency that is obtained in the room?

I'm also looking for new speakers. Yesterday i heard the KEF R7, which sounded really good but went down deep in the bass. It was positioned quite close to the wall, but I'm really not sure what effect it would have at my place...

Townhouse in sandwiched between 2 others...

5. F1fletch

F1fletch Forum Resident Thread Starter

LOL, well I didn’t buy them for apartment living. However, they sound very nice at low levels and I find even at 70db I get much of what I am looking for. If I am able to hit 80db I will be beyond happy.

The Pinhead likes this.
  6. farfetched

farfetched Well-Known Member

The leading architects of the Brutalist movement were probably audiophiles. Good isolation if you get the sand mix right and don't make it entirely uniform, and if any neighbor complains loud tunes disturb them you just say, "you live in a building that looks like this and that's what disturbs you?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.