Have You Entered Into The World Of Streaming? If so, let's see what ya got!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Litejazz53, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

It's been a long time since I saw a Sqeezebox.

cdgenarian likes this.
  2. jcr64

jcr64 Forum Resident

I tried to add a BluOS 2i MDC module to my NAD C368, but I seem to have wound up with a defective module. Back it goes.

3. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I also have fond memories of overplayed LPs and cassettes, the acquisition after saving money, and the curation of a small collection when I was a teen. It certainly was a different experience and that experience is certainly treasured by me. The “narrow but deep” vs. “wide but shallow” can certainly apply to our much greater exposure now, but it isn’t a rule for me. I go pretty deep into certain artists I discover (such as My Brightest Diamond) during my wide and shallow exploration. It is kinda like radio for me: radio is wide and shallow, as you only hear the surface of things. But it is when to start exploring the catalogue of an artist that it gets deep. Differences from times past—to be sure—but also similarities through my lens of things.

mr. suit likes this.
  4. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

MacBook Pro>Audirvana>Qobuz>DAC in my Esoteric K-o1x.

5. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

This is what I do. Works nice for the occasional stream to the Hi-Fi (Music App, Amazon HD, Radio Paradise, etc.). The sound quality is underrated IMHO.

6. Car

Car Forum Resident

I mainly listen to vinyl, but the rest all comes from my Bluesound Node 2i via Tidal masters. Although I have a significant amount of cd's, they're just stored in a box as the node plays everything that I don't have on vinyl (apart from Gil Scott Heron's Winter in America)....

Tim 2 and cdgenarian like this.
  7. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

I adore the two Sonos One SL speakers I picked up last month - incredible sound for such tiny things.

cdgenarian likes this.
  8. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

For the past two years I've been using a Bluesound Vault 2 linked to a Cambridge DAC in the house and a Bluesound Node 2 linked to a Audio Research DAC in the garage. Both hard wired to Tidal.
    Best audio money I've spent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SirMarc, rodentdog and cdgenarian like this.
  9. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I'm looking for a streaming device to listen to audio files that are on my NAS. I don't care about any of the internet streaming services; don't want any of those. I just want a box to attach to my integrated amp that will play audio files from my NAS. Budget ~$1K US.

10. Bigmac 1963

Bigmac 1963 Member

I use a bluesound node 2 connected to a shiit gungnir.

11. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

DCS Bartok + Heddphones Air Motion Transformer headphones

12. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

I use an older iPad Mini2 plugged into my Marantz CD6004's USB input (so using their onboard DAC) and run through a Marantz PM8004 into NHT SuperOne 2.1 speakers. I have subscriptions to Pandora and Spotify and listen to a couple jazz stations (KJAZZ and Jazz24). It all sound wonderful to me. It's like FM radio only much, much better.

While I have a decent vinyl set-up too (gear in profile), I listen to music this way about 90% of the time (pretty much all day, most days).

13. Mortsnets

Mortsnets Forum Resident

Marantz M-CR611 Network CD Receiver
    CCA with Ugreen ethernet adapter and ifi ipower
    Raspberry Pi, Allo Boss HAT DAC, Volumio or Moode
    Raspberry Pi, Allo DigiOne SPDIF output, Modi MB, or Starting Point Systems DAC3, or Khadas Tone Board
    Laptop, Uptone Regen, Halide HD DAC
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.