Headphone lovers of So. Calif! Can Jam SoCal, June 22-23, Irvine Marriott. See you there?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Hey, headphone lovers in Southern California, are you going to Can Jam Socal 2019? It's coming up! I went to one up north and it was a lot of fun! Your thoughts? It's at the Irvine Marriott next weekend. My homies the The Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society are sponsoring this event, so the gang will be there.

"Featuring over 100 leading brands in over 25,000 sq ft. of exhibition space, CanJamSoCal 2019 will showcase the latest products and innovations in headphones and personal audio electronics in all price ranges – from $50 earbuds to the world’s finest headphone audio systems at $50,000. Whether you are a two-channel or headphone aficionado, there is plenty for you to enjoy!"

I'll be there on Saturday. Hope to see some of you headphone nuts!

Paul R, goer and ian christopher like this.
  2. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Wish I could go. There are a few times I get envious of Southern California. And this is one of those times.

Fullbug likes this.
  3. Couldn’t they have rolled this into T.H.E. Show? I used to enjoy CanJam at RMAF as a part of the experience (and a break from the Rooms).

Guess I’ll miss this one. I’m fairly convinced that when/(if) I move again, my “Big System” will be a part of downsizing and I’ll listen exclusively on a good set of headphones when I want to listen to something good. Need to start getting more serious about Cans at some point.

4. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Up north where? San Francisco? Seattle?

5. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Hi Steve. I am headphones only now! I’d really appreciate you reporting on amps and headphones what you like/ love.

6. Steve Hoffman

Maybe San Jose?

7. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Wow. Only 10 miles away. I've always wanted to try out these "TOTL" beasts. Can anybody go, or do I have to schlep my HD600's along to show my bona fides?

8. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Anyone going should make sure you hear the Raal-Requisite SR1a ribbon headphone. This sounds like it could be fantastic. And a Stax system too!

9. Steve Hoffman

I’m way out of my depth when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully someone will be there to point me toward the good stuff.

10. IndyLions

IndyLions Forum Resident

I’m a big fan of Schiit Multibit (ladder) DACs and Audeze LCD-2C headphones. Check those out for sure.

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  11. YearOfGlad

YearOfGlad Forum Resident

For those who would like to attend, here's a non-Facebook link to tickets. (Took me much digging to un-earth this).

Attend | CanJam

Tix are $20/day, $30 for both days. No info on tickets at the door

YoG

Fullbug and Paul R like this.
  12. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Steve. Are you still listening on the Woo WA5 LE?

13. BZync

BZync Senior Member

I was in the market for headphones last year and attended the previous Can Jam. It was great! Fantastic way to compare apples to apples (if you bring your own source material). Wound up finding TWO great pairs of headphones.

14. mdr30

mdr30 Forum Resident

Well, according to your inventory - "Sennheiser HD 600 with Stefan Audio Arts Equinox cable, AKG K 701 with Ken Ball ALO Cable" - you're in for an real treat.

So much have happened the last ten years it's unbelievable. Not only the planar revolution with Audeze, Abyss, Hifiman et al, and all electrostats (Stax, Mr Speakers, Kaldas Researchet etc ) but also the really inventive stuff like Mysphere, Raal, HEDD AMT. And of course the standard dynamics represented by manufacturers like Focal, Sennheiser.

Not to speak of all amps… You need an expert pathfinder at Can Jam SoCal!

Which were the last headphones you plugged in?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  15. Steve Hoffman

Sometimes.

16. Steve Hoffman

AKG..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.