Help With DVD Authoring Software...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Combination, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Combination

Combination Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I need to create a bunch of dvd's from a large hard drive full of video clips - all of the files are either MOV, MP4, or MPEG.

This is all old footage, nothing high res, etc. Audio isn't really much of a concern, as everything is pretty much good ol' stereo.

Can anyone recommend a fairly user friendly software to use for this sort of thing? It certainly doesn't have to be anything free, I'm happy to purchase something.

All I need to do is:

1. Have the option to cherry pick a specific section of a file and convert only that portion

2. Keep the video quality intact

3. Create a simple (and hopefully attractive) menu, where I can also give the chapters their own names

4. Have it free of logos, watermarks, etc.

Having never used this stuff before, I'm open to any suggestions, recommendations, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

3. Combination

Combination Forum Resident Thread Starter

The title wasn't worded very well, and a couple of people turned it into a mini argument about audio.

So I'm trying in a different area of the site.

4. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

I think it’s important to mention which OS you are using. MacOs for instance has iMovie built in and is easy to use (I’ve been told).

5. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Well the only way to keep the same quality is by not converting the files into a dvd.

You need to ask yourself why you’re trying to convert files into a mid-1990s format in the first place.

If you can play the video files on your computer already then you may just need a way of organizing them. Mp4 files (aka m4v files) can be played by almost any video app. Many older or weirder files can be played by the free VLC app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.