Helping To Sell A Sansui 2000A Vintage Receiver

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by mwheelerk, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music... Thread Starter

This is a little unusual and I hope its appropriate to post this. I am trying to help a friend dispose of a few items to raise some cash. One thing in particular that caught my eye was a vintage Sansui 2000A stereo receiver. The picture I posted is a google image search. This has been sitting in the top of a closet for over 20 years.

I have a pretty good handle on current audio components but not vintage. At this point I have not had a chance to set this up in a system or literally even plug it in. Can you help me with an estimated range of market value? Is there any value even if it doesn't power up? I would appreciate any insight.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. mwheelerk

image.jpg image.jpg

This card is with it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  3. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

The 2000A and 2000X have become desirable receivers in recent years. I paid $240 shipped for my 2000X with the wood case about 2 years ago. It was in excellent cosmetic condition and worked fine for awhile but after a few months I needed to get some work done to it. That cost me an additional $325. Imo, It was worth every penny of $565 to get it sounding like it does now which is very, very nice. I also have that same card.

4. mwheelerk

I had a friend at work pick up a vintage Pioneer front the same time period and he was really happy with it. I think if I could get him $150 - $250 for to he would be thrilled.

What are the key differences between the 2000A and 2000X

5. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

In my experience, vintage Sansui gear is considered a bit more desirable than Pioneer, and therefore fetches higher prices.

FWIW I have a Pioneer SX-780 that gets played daily.

6. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

The 2000A is 35wpc and the 2000X is 39wpc. Not much difference otherwise as far as I know. The thing is they have a very beefy, tubey sound. There is a poster over at Audiokarma, "Gang-Twanger" who is a big fan of the 2000X. He also has the 4000. You should search some of his posts on these models.
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=73713

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.