Hendrix - Electric Lady Studios Box Set - MONTH DAY, 202?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 4, 2022.

1. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

Yes, it will be good to have the already circulating stuff in presumably better quality, but uncirculating's the key for me. There are a couple of things listed I don't recognise, but then I haven't seen any new finds since Crosstown got busted...

2. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

True and it also does not help that the bootleggers sometimes came up with another name than what EH might come up with for a track ;)

3. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Wait.......
    Crosstown T got busted????
    Wha/////???????
    Beave
    And I dont see any other pre orders except for amazon.

4. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Nope, just folded.

There has been new material circulated and new stuff that hasn't!

Deek57 and jhm like this.
  5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Some alt footage of Atlanta Red House for a minute and cousin Robert Hendrix interviewed is as exciting as it gets. I think even Janie talks on camera.

6. The Beave

Wow........Amazing how things just appear and some things disapear.
    Beave
    Thanks for the info G

7. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

Well whatever we get, I just hope it doesn't include that keyboard-overdubbed Hey Baby by mistake...how did that even come about, anyone? Is it a fake?

trumpet sounds likes this.
  8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Don't get your hopes up too high. The stereo on the Electric Ladyland Blu-ray was universally panned here.

9. David67

David67 Forum Resident

That's so they can release Electric Ladyland on SACD further down the road whereas Electric Studios is just another comp with hopefully decent mastering.

SteveM likes this.
  10. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

True. I think I am one of the few that likes the ELL 2.0 Blu Ray though.

Tristero likes this.
  11. The Hud

The Are You Experienced SACD wasn't great either. Believe me, I hope this sounds great, but I am not expecting it to.

Lownote30 and The Beave like this.
  12. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

But the Band of Gypsys box was pretty good sound-wise and the aforementioned CoL and RB are practically the modern gold standard for Hendrix releases. Hopefully the ELL set was a one off, that one was messed up from top to bottom.

13. The Hud

I was only interested in the 5.1, so I got lucky.

jjay and ~dave~~wave~ like this.
  14. John Harchar

The Axis one was good though. I've gotten into enough trouble commenting on the AYE SACD so...:hide:

Lownote30, jhm and The Hud like this.
  15. The Hud

The 5.1 of ELL is very good. The SACD of AYE was another misstep, so the last couple are what got me concerned.

16. The Hud

True, but that was awhile ago.

17. John Harchar

2018 seemed to be an off year for them, Both Sides wasn't that great on sound either. The genesis of the AYE SACD dates from back then, so let's just hope they made all their mistakes in that era. We should be thankful the Axis one made it through generally unscathed.

2018 seems like an eternity ago, doesn't it? At least the ones after that are better.

~dave~~wave~ and The Hud like this.
  18. KipB

KipB Forum Resident

I am looking forward to EH putting out a couple of these tracks so we can get some idea of what we’re looking at. Usually one turns up on RollingStone.com or somewhere like that so I would expect that in the next couple of weeks. I am also intrigued by that long medley that starts out with Astro Man ... there is a traders tape track that I know of sometimes called Astro Man Jam that is about 11:30 minutes. They make this an album side so it maybe something longer than that. But I’m thrilled to see there is some new official Hendrix coming that isn’t PPX stuff.

bluedemon25 likes this.
  19. A Local Bloke

A Local Bloke Forum President

From what I know of the Axis one, the stereo is slightly out of sync so cancels some stuff out, but the mono is fab. It's telling that the mono Axis is the only one of Jimi's studio LPs until Loose Ends that the Prof hasn't ripped (Also the alternate stereo mix but whatever y'know).

20. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

That long medley jam is a 26 minute jam mentiones by McDermott in Ultimate Hendrix. Whether it will be conplete and uncut remains to be seen.

ARK, KipB and joelee like this.
  21. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Wait,,what?

905 likes this.
  22. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

No sight of a vinyl release yet

23. John Harchar

Annoyingly, yes, ever so slightly off. Sounded fine in my c...with my system. :D

That mono one is very nice, don't think the Prof could top it.

24. The Beave

Well, the Beave is going to do something I’ve never done on a Hendrix release, I’m holding off on both the cd and vinyl versions.
    The last two boxes, Maui and ELL I did what I’ve alway done with EH release’s, I bought one of each configuration.
    But those last two really hit me as meh. Cheap packaging, especially the cd boxes. A far cry from the WCSB vinyl box which I love. Or the vinyl Purple Velvet box. And both of those for around $80.
    Now we’re getting 5 lp’s for &110.
    NO. Not going to any longer feed this beast.
    I’ll wait until a used set at a better price comes along, and they will, they always do.

It’s just too many boo boo’s that they never even acknowledged. So the hell with it, and I was a long time fan of Janie as you guys know, but something very wrong has been going on the last 5 or so years.
    How much you want to bet she sells the whole kit and kaboodle to Sony like Dylan and others have done?
    BeaVe

25. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Amazon link gone (again). Nothing there and a search brings up nothing.

marcb and ARK like this.