How Many Times Have You Seen Bohemian Rhapsody?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 2141, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was at Hyde Park in Sept 1976. Steve Hillage was fantastic. Queen were good but not special imo. I was a big fan of Queen in those days but Hillage stole the show for me. No interest in the film though.

Bassist likes this.
  2. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I'm waiting for the BD.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

still trying to get around to seeing it grrrr

4. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

5. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

None. Have heard it’s grossly inaccurate.

7. Contact Lost

Contact Lost Forum Resident

None. They have cabaret singer instead of Freddie in the real life and now this TV parody? No, Thanks.

8. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

Three times; once on my own, second time with my wife, third time with a friend … I enjoyed it all three times and will own it when it comes out on BR. I am not a Queen fan but this film has made me appreciate the band. As a music fanatic I found it incredibly entertaining and hope with the success of this film there will be more rock films to follow.

9. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

A missed polling opportunity.
    6+1-4+7/2-5

10. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I’ve seen it once. I’m a Queen fan and really enjoyed it. Not sure I need to see it again though.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  11. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Poo pooing a movie you haven't seen seems a bit like poo pooing an album you haven't heard.
    Who would do that ?

I'm not a Queen fan but the movie is very,very good even if the facts are not very factual.

12. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

0 - will wait for the Blu-Ray

13. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Just the once. I may watch it again some time when it's on TV. I enjoyed it for the most part. Some of it was cringey, some of it was very good.

14. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

I'm a Queen fan, but I have so many reasons NOT to see it (inaccuracies, details to clothing and other trivial crap), including how much theaters are no fun -- phones going off, talking, etc... Probably just made for money, nothing else. I'm more of a movie-fan, and they don't make them good anymore; I rather watch something in B&W.

Also, I remember how many people think what happened in the movie, "The Doors" was real, and how easily some who actually read the books, get them mixed up. A majority of the people are intellectually lazy and will watch it and not care about accuracy.

15. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I took my 11 year old daughter (who listens to Queen all the time, discovered them on her own) and it had just enough sex and drugs for her to not make it unenjoyable (and I had no problems answering her questions). Had they told the "real" story of Freddie (ie: the excess of sex and drugs), there is no way I would have taken her. I believe this was the goal of the band, to make a well paced movie with fantastic music and let all ages enjoy it. I've seen far too many accurate, but otherwise dull films about music and BR is not one of them.

longaway likes this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

0 times yet. I'm waiting for the Blu-ray release.^^

17. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I saw it once with my daughter. She and the rest of the theater absolutely loved it, which I enjoyed along with the concert scenes. The inaccuracies bugged me because most of them were so unnecessary (Freddie Mercury's life didn't have enough drama already?). However, it was well documented that we were getting a sanitized version for (almost) the whole family, so not a surprise. I'll probably see it again when it comes to Netflix.

As I mentioned, the audience was into it during the movie, clapping and singing along. However, during the "Don't Stop Me Now" video from '79 that ran over the credits, everyone was perfectly still. No one left the theater. It was a reminder that the real thing couldn't be captured in a mass-market biopic. I hope it spurred new fans to keep exploring the music.

Efus likes this.
  18. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Queen fan for 27 years. Seen it once.

I have been tempted to see it more than once, I must admit. The final scene at Live Aid - even the film it set it up with a bunch of BS - nearly had me crying with joy. Then again, this also happens every time I see footage of the actual real life performance. It's like watching your favourite sports team win a world championship.

Anyway, I may watch it again when it comes on the telly.

stunner2020 and Jack Lord like this.
  19. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Good reviews in here, which surprises me as the intended Freddie doesn’t look much like him.
    It got me curious.

20. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

Once is enough.

21. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Twice.
    The movie moves at a fast pace.
    The music presented is phenomenal sounding, and its pretty exciting as a music and Queen fan to hear a movie audience react to it.

22. Mr. Pleasant

Mr. Pleasant Forum Resident

Zero for me. Will wait for it to stream.

Had that experience when I was a kid. :D

[​IMG]

23. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

This sums it up for me too.

24. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

An audience in a theater singing and clapping along?
    I would’ve loved to tell em to shut up!!!

Fwiw, no one does Fred better than Jim Carrey, imo.

[​IMG]

25. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Once....which was more than adequate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.