How much is a used AVR-X3600H worth?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Oct 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

Yup, pretty much that. "Upgraded"* to an ATI 525NC + Integra 60.1. It's in really good shape! Only played by a little old lady who liked The Kingston Trio at low volume! OK maybe not that last but still have the box and remote and Audyssey mic.

BUT how much is it worth? Yeah, an auction on eBay would be one way to get data but I read such complaints about lack of seller protection on eBay that doesn't appeal. Amazon...maybe. Thinking more OfferUp/Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist. (Did I miss any other local pickup options? I guess I can do local pickup on eBay but I don't think that protects against lying buyers (?!?).

*Does it sound better, you ask? Well it sounds very good but you can't set Audyssey the same so it naturally sounds slightlyt different.

2. wgallupe

wgallupe Forum Resident

Well new ones are available for $1399 so 60% of that price would be a good starting point for a used one. I say $800 is about right.

head_unit likes this.
  3. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

That’s a very good Denon. I sell and install them often. I prefer them over Yamaha sound wise. Best to you and your sale. $800 seems close to me used.

head_unit likes this.
  4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

If you want seller's protection, take only cash. So something like Craig's List is best. You won't have to worry about shipping damage claims. And the buyer can't argue about any claims you've made in your advert. Sold as-is. As far as pricing, when buying I look for something about half of retail when it was purchased. But I'm a bargain shopper. You'll sell quick at this pricing, but you might not make as much if you can wait for a buyer who is less decrement in spending money.

head_unit and quicksrt like this.
  5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

thanks folks-these are pretty new so no comparable sales to go by. Yeah CL or FB Marketplace probably better. Shipping is expensive for something this heavy as well.

6. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

Do you have it up and running yet? I’m interested in if you really believe it’s better sounding than the 3600? Marantz is really my go to. But Denon is more readily available and a few penny less. I personally will NEVER sell Integra again. We wound up replacing more than half of everyone we ever sold. Lots and lots of HDMI issues. Only thing as bad was Anthem. We dropped them as a dealer and replaced every single one in field. Not one out of maybe 40 AVR’s lasted more than 18 months. It’s been a few years but I’ll never re-visit either company ever again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.