Humans - New Show on AMC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agreed. The first season is very interesting. The second and third seasons are watchable but not up to the same level.

The show aired here in the United States on AMC, a basic cable channel that would slightly edit the show's language and nudity for broadcast. The Blu-ray release uses the uncut British masters.

Deesky likes this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just finished 3.0

WOW!

3. Season three was a big change from prior seasons. It felt more like a thriller with less focus on character development. Here's the Blu-ray review. Gemma Chan remains the best thing about the show.

Humans 3.0 Blu-ray Review - DoBlu.com

enro99 and Scope J like this.
  4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Have started Real Humans on Hulu

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

7. That's not unexpected. Humans was an American co-production with the Brits, but most of the original cast had been written off the show by the end of season three. Any season four would have had to rely on new cast members.

8. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Completely missed this on AMC. Finding US programming mundane & boring of late.

Have turned to UK & love Luther (though it practically leaves me breathless from gasping & being on edge of seat throughout!) :love::yikes:
    Also got Humans (not viewed yet)
    Was able to get an Amazon streamed series on DVD:
    Good Girls Revolt
    Travelers
    Life on Mars
    (love it!! UK version)
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Awaiting orders:
    Acorn Media:

The Fall (complete series)
    Keeping Faith
    Murder In Suburbia

View trailers first; all look great!!!

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Does my eyes fail me, no ashes to ashes?

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

A pale imitation of Life on Mars.

11. The Fall: Series 1 Blu-ray Review - DoBlu.com

The Fall: Series 2 Blu-ray Review - DoBlu.com

The Fall is a taut criminal thriller definitely worth a look. Happens to star Gillian Anderson from the X-Files.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  12. LilacTeardrop

I'm still viewing (UK) Life on Mars Season 1, w/Season 2 next up.
    Don't think I'll be following that w/Ashes To Ashes, even though the 80s arc looks appealing & soundtrack
    for that should be excellent, too. Even though character DCI Gene Hunt (Philip Glenister) returns, main character Sam Tyler (John Simm) from Life on Mars is missing and Annie Cartright (Liz White). :sigh:

13. alexpop

I think Gene Hunt/Glenister character is the star of both shows. Keeley Hawes is pretty good plus the support characters are even better. And of course a fabulous 80s soundtrack.

14. alexpop

Quarry a American cinemax tv series is a interesting crime drama thriller set in the early seventies amazing period detail, only lasted one season though.

15. LilacTeardrop

I just finished Season 3 last week. I thought Seasons 1 & 3 were the best of the series. I also thought the writers did a great job concluding each season, that if it wasn't renewed, you weren't feeling left hanging, but w/enough of that to keep you looking forward to it, in the event it was renewed! (Which I think must be very difficult to do.) Great Series!!! I tuned into Westworld, before ever knowing about this series. Did not enjoy that one, at all. I do like Ed Harris, James Marsden & Evan Rachel Wood...Thandie Newton, less so. Was very disappointed w/show. I don't think I went beyond 1st episode. Found Humans immensely intriguing & gripping - was immediately hooked! :righton:

Through online meanderings just this morning, came across a show that has a similar content + cop/crime drama element to it:
    Almost Human
    And, one w/Thandie Newton - completely different storyline (which looks promising, to me):
    Rogue

Rogue TV Series 2013 Official Trailer

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    MikeInFla and alexpop like this.
  16. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

'Almost Human' was great. Pity they didn't do more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.