I can't identify this Dean Martin song!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nevraxe, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevraxe

nevraxe Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Pretty sure this is not a "It's a Whistling Kinda Morning". That can’t be the song. Listening to the ad again. The lyrics and the tune are not the same as ‘Whistlin...

Help please. Thank you! :)

2. grimble

grimble Forum Resident

Shazam tells me it is 'it's a whistle-in kinda morning'

3. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

MLutthans likes this.
  4. nevraxe

Bump requested by Dino!

5. nevraxe

I'm sure this is not "It's a Whistling Kind of Morning" as IKEA suggests here: https://twitter.com/ikeacanada/status/573302701125070849

The rhythm and key aren't right.

"It's a Whistling Kind of Morning" has NO colors in the lyrics yet the commercial clearly has 'pink and blue, shiny and new and lots of meadow green...'

6. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

The vocal, and the music, in the Ikea ad sounds like Bing Crosby to me :hide:
    But I can't find the song.

7. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

Siri says "It's a whistle-In Kinda Mornin'" by Dean as well.

8. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

Of course, at IKEA, it would be something like Det är en Viss Typ av Morgon. Be careful, hard to whistle while eating meatballs.

9. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

This enjoyable song and many others can be found on the 8CD comprehensive box set entitled "Memories Are Made Of This," which was released by Bear Family Records. Bear Family are one of the top reissue labels in the world and this particular release is no exception.
    [​IMG]
    For more information on Bear Family:

Your favourite Bear Family releases

10. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Here's a 30 second version of the commercial and song.
    The ad song doesn't seem to be "It's a Whistle-in' Kind of Mornin'", the song in the movie clip. The lyric for that title doesn't match the ad vocal. I can't find that song title or a variant title recorded or released by Dean, except only in the movie and clip posted above. Is that or an unbroken movie recording track of it on the BF set (for which I can't find samples)? No song of that title by Dean is released by Capitol in "The Capitol Recordings" series.
    Now with 30 seconds of it, I still think the vocal in the ad sounds more like Bing, although it is close. The phrasing on the words "shiny", " lots", and "get-up", sounds like Bing to me. But I can't find any song or lyric from Bing to match.

11. nevraxe

Mystery solved. It is "It's a Whistle-in' Kind of Mornin'".

Dean Martin "It's A Whistle-In Kinda Morning" - Syncsite™

Lyrics: It's a beautiful day, as pretty a day as you have ever seen, All pink and blue and shiny with dew and lots of meadow green. It gives a certain glow that makes you want to get up and go, go, go. Chorus 1: It's a whistle-in' kinda mornin', it's a whistle-in' kinda day, It's the crooniest, tuniest, juniest day to say, "Not a cloud in sight, The sun's just right, The world's a bright bouquet." It's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda mornin'. Oh, life is sweet, As sweet as people make it So tweet your tweet And hear the robin say, "Okay." Get a happy-go-lucky feelin', Come and live it up while you may, It's the dilly-est, dally-est, pally-est day today, It's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda mornin', Oh, what a mornin', it's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda day. Chorus 2: it's a whistle-in' kinda mornin', it's a whistle-in' kinda day, It's the crooniest, tuniest, juniest day to say, "Not a cloud in sight, The sun's just right, The world's a bright bouquet." It's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda mornin'. Oh, life is sweet, As sweet as people make it So tweet your tweet And hear the robin say, "Okay." Get a happy-go-lucky feelin', Come and live it up while you may, It's the dilly-est, dally-est, pally-est day today, It's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda mornin', Oh, what a mornin', it's a wonderful kinda, whistle-in' kinda day. What a day, what a day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.