I have a couple of questions re: selling

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by petem1966, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petem1966

petem1966 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm not really a physical collector sort of person. If an album is only available on CD, I buy the CD and plop it on my computer (yes, iTunes) and listen to it there. My thing is that I have about 30ish King Crimson/Robert Fripp and some Eno CDs that I no longer need. How does one sell that many CDs?

Also, I've subscribed to the UK version of Prog magazine (I'm in the US) for a couple of years and have a couple of dozen of their giveaway CDs. I wouldn't want to sell them for anything more than postage. There's about 25 or so. Not looking to make a profit but would hate to give them to a charity shop or throw them away if somebody here would want them.

Anyway, I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
  2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Prog Mag CDs - Offer them up on here. I'm sure someone will take you up on our postage costs only offer.

Other cds - I'd try selling them on here as well. Even if you want them gone as one lot, still worth trying. Might be harder to sell that way but worth a shot. If not joy then you can separate them into individual items.

3. petem1966

petem1966 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the info; the Prog cds were spoken for quite quickly!

Strat-Mangler and eddiel like this.
  4. If you really don't want to deal with the hassle of selling them, put them up as lots on eBay. CD lots see fairly active bidding these days. I'd imagine that Prog lot would net you at least a $1 per disc and I am being extremely conservative. A bidding war could really juice the total if the right bidder comes along.

The King Crimson CDs could be offered up at once in a lot, but you probably aren't capturing their full value that way.

petem1966 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.