I have an Oppo Blu Ray player (BDP 103). Do I need a stand alone CD player?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by screechmartin, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I have a modified Bp 83, and it sounds great on CD to my ears, WAY better than the transports and DACs I owned years ago. HOWEVER, my serious listening is with vinyl, so I haven't honestly listened to modern DACs and players. I'm sure there are some, expensive, that play back CDs with vinyl like smoothness. It all comes down to the number of CDs you own. Have a lot of them and they are your primary sound source, then by all means investigate an upgrade. The Oppo has given me the best bang for the buck, but I'm sure there are some jaw dropping players out there with equally jaw dropping prices. It's all about priorities.

2. rudym457

rudym457 Well-Known Member

i have an OPPO 103 and the transport has gone south and will probably need to be replaced. can anyone recommend an after market transport assembly that could be installed or a mod?

3. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

What is it not doing?

GerryO likes this.
  4. KrisK55

KrisK55 New Member

I play cds on mine without problem or distortion. I know this thread is four years old. But… money is tight. Why spend it if ya don’t have to. Four years ago I was earning six figures then stuff happened and today I filed for a go fund me account. Ya never know what the future is gonna bring. I’m 68 so take a lesson and save your sheckels where you can.

sushimaster and The Pinhead like this.
  5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

You are at full retirement for social security benefits thankfully, unless you had to file four years ago. But yeah, we never kno0w what's coming and must just be grateful for life and health while we have it.