I love this hobby

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

At lunch time, I swung by my local used record shop and what do I find. Absolutely beyond mint copies of Revolver on the Black and Yellow Parlophone label and Beggars Banquet on Decca. Oh and the price? $50 and $10 respectively. The last two months have been dismal but with two good scores already this week hope is starting to come back.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I had a couple of good snaggs too, but not much.

Mint original Pink Floyd "Meddle" UK/Harvest (sounds best, kills my Japanese) $6
    2LP Harvest Syd Barrett "Madcap/Barrett" US/Capitol - Nice. $8
    Another Brown-Label A&M Cat Stevens "Teaser" (RE's on each side, and pressed fairly loud. "Changes IV" sounds awesome there) $3

And a few other "common" lps that I wanted. Believe it or not, I was looking for an earlier pressing of Meat Loaf "Bat Out Of Hell" (Orange Epic). Call me corny, but I'm re-introducing myself to the fearless and theatrical qualities of that album.

Goes to show, even though I resisted going twice in the same week to the same store, you MUST continue to look, and never think that you're only to go back there and find nothing.

Look look
    Shop Shop
    Dig Dig.

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Sckott, speaking of Cat Stevens yesterday I had read a tread by Humorem where he spoke of a Island 3u Tea for the Tillerman as sweet sounding. So last night I pulled mine out and sure enough it was a 3u. But what I noticed is that it was stamped Sterling in the dead wax. I had never played it (hell I only bought it about 12 years ago, sometime it takes a while to get around to listen to things) and he was right BUT the US version is also mastered by Sterling and sound nowhere near as good. Do you have any info on US pressings on that one?

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I have an "Island Masters" reissue on vinyl for Tea. Yes, the other Cats I have on A&M were done by Sterling. If you want matrix info on any of those, I can.

I did find a Tea in the racks locally, but the condition of it wasn't kosher at all. I passed and I still have my UK reissue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.