I need KEF LSX help

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by zonka, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zonka

zonka Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just purchased these and they're are on the way. I'm using them in a bedroom situation but I'm not sure exactly how these things are going to work. Right now I have a Marantz 1608NR in there with a couple of bookshelf speakers connected right now.
    If I understand correctly I won't need to use the Marantz anymore and can listen to my files through an app or through my Samsung TV.
    I'm wondering how much sound quality I'm sacrificing if I no longer use the Marantz's DAC and just stream through my Samsung TV or my phone.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Drew

2. TeflonScoundrel

TeflonScoundrel Forum Resident

The LSX speakers have an internal DAC you can use via digital inputs, or you can use an external DAC connected to the analog input. You can stream audio via Bluetooth or WiFi using Roon or the KEF stream app. I’ve also used airplay to an Apple TV connected to the optical input. I have no experience with your Marantz model, but I do have a Marantz 6007 AVR and based on my listening, I think the LSX DAC is at least as good sounding as the 6007 DAC.

3. psikey

psikey Active Member

I have a set of LSX. As all reviews are saying, they are superb. I have my Gaming PC connected via Analogue input, my PS4Pro via Optical and use Spotify directly out to speakers via Spotify Connect, my NAS via DLNA WiFi using KEF App, and can even use them as Roon end-point (have tested and can get bit perfect out for 24/96 tracks).

One point of correction, I've had a Mojo & Higo2 and the built-in DAC can hold its own to my ears. You can feed out of DAC via analogue but the LSX sound processing still passes the audio to its own internal audio processor & DAC before deilvery so you effectiveley double DAC via analogue. Sounds superb via all inputs with Bluetooth being the only noticeable drop in audio quality but if upsing AptX its still really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.