I need some help picking some speakers... (Q Acoustic 3050i, Dali Oberon 5)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by PinkIsTheSky, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noway

noway Forum Resident

You could always use your pre outs on your integrated and add a cheap Crown Drivecore 2 Series power amp. Best if you could get it from a place that accepts returns. I would skip the cheapest model and go for the 1502 or higher. They are stable into 2-ohm loads and virtually no fan noise. XLS DriveCore 2 Series | Crown Audio - Professional Power Amplifiers

2. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Ok, I'm going to make your day. I will send you a PM where you can get these speakers BELOW what you are paying! Check your mail, I want you to GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH!

3. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

I’ve been following this thread and am curious (I’m assuming it’s the store in NY that has the LSI’s on sale often).

4. Litejazz53

It is indeed

CraigC likes this.
  5. PinkIsTheSky

PinkIsTheSky Old Blues Man Thread Starter

I decided to splurge on the 707's

I was informed by LiteJazz that my Pioneer can act as a Pre-Amp, and I forgot I had an SAE 2200 stored away.

Thanks for all the help everybody.

6. noway

noway Forum Resident

Great choice. Buy once, cry once. If anyone is interested, I noticed in the meantime they have some used ones there for even cheaper ("Buy for as low as..." link) but the warranties are only 90 days instead of 5 years.

7. Litejazz53

It's a wonder all of the Polk LSiM 705, and 707 speakers do not arrive damaged. Mine arrived not damaged, and I was very lucky, as Polk does not pack these speakers well, the styrofoam pieces they use arrived broken to pieces and they told me they did not have any they could send me. Most of the damage happens to the bases, as these are heavy speakers and those styrofoam inserts break apart. I knew I would have to use those in the future, so I took the time to carefully glue all my broken pieces back together for a future shipment. I have seen some of the damaged 705 and 707's that are being sold, oh heck, they are not good at all, some real damage indeed.:thumbsdow

8. Hydroman

Hydroman Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of 3050i's 6 months ago and haven't looked back. They are easy to drive and sound great! Not sure of your room size but mine image better placed about 20 inches from the front wall. Do yourself a favor, whatever speakers you get, spend some time to get them placed properly. It's amazing what you achieve with proper speaker placement.
    Fyi, I'm using a denon dp-300f with ortofon red going into a lounge mkiii and a Yamaha as801. My next step towards the rabbit hole is a Mofi studio deck.
    Enjoy the ride!!

PinkIsTheSky likes this.
  9. PinkIsTheSky

PinkIsTheSky Old Blues Man Thread Starter

I ended up getting the Polk LSiM 707's. I couldn't be happier. Driving them with Parasound A21 and P6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.